“I was happy for Carson, a guy that deserves it, a guy who has been great in this league,” Prescott said. “[He] had an awesome year and potentially, without the injury, wins the MVP. Congrats to Carson. Knowing him personally, he deserves it.”
Prescott said “it happens when it happens” when asked about the current state of his own contract negotiations.
“I’m involved,” Prescott said. “It’s about me. But they stand where they stand.”
While there was some negotiating going on between the Cowboys and QB Dak Prescott this spring, Ian Rapoport says his understanding is that the two parties did not get close enough to an agreement.
Rapoport expects Prescott to eventually secure $30 million per year as part of a long-term deal with Dallas.
According to Rapoport, a deal is eventually going to get done, but it remains to be seen when that will be and for how much.
“It’s implied,” Sweat said via Philly.com’s Jeff McLane. “I know. I don’t need nobody to tell me. But, yeah, it’s definitely implied. You just feel it in the atmosphere. But I’m ready to live up to it.”
- Ralph Vacchiano reports that based on everything Giants HC Pat Shurmur and GM Dave Gettleman have said publicly and privately, their hope is that Eli Manning is their opening day starter and has an outstanding year.
- According to Vacchiano, the Giants sincerely believe Manning gives them their best chance to make a playoff run, as long as he’s on top of his game.
- However, Vacchiano admits that no one seems to be completely ruling out rookie QB Daniel Jones opening the season as the team’s starter.
The Redskins announced a number of changes to their personnel department on Thursday including:
- Promoted college scouts Cole Spencer and David Whittington to national scouts
- Promoted Matt Evans to college scout in the Southeast region
- Named former BLESTO scout Harrison Ritcher college scout in the Southwest region
- Named former scouting assistant Peter Picerelli the new college scout in the Northeast region
- Named scouting assistant Ron Rose new BLESTO scout in the Northeast region
- Hired Connor Barringer as a football strategy analyst
- Hired Tyler Claytor as a scouting assistant