Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said he is not focusing on his job status after the season.
“Yeah, I don’t really think much about that. What we try to do is focus on us and what we need to do today to be our best,” said Garrett, via Jon Machota. “That’s really where my attention is.”
- Ravens S Earl Thomas said he nearly signed with the Cowboys, but the two sides could not agree on a contract: “I thought maybe the Cowboys, to be totally honest. That’s what the story was looking like until the money got funny.” (Jamison Hensley)
- According to Todd Archer, the Cowboys will not start a three-week practice window for WR Noah Brown, who is on the PUP list, at this time.
- Dallas has until Nov. 4 to start the window and once Brown begins practicing, they will have three weeks to add him to the active roster.
- Cowboys placed DL Tyrone Crawford on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys signed DL Justin Hamilton. (NFLTR)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said LB Zach Brown’s comments about Vikings QB Kirk Cousins had “nothing to do” with why they released him. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Pederson said Eagles LT Jason Peters (knee) is currently week-to-week with his injury and called his issue “a little more extensive.” (Zack Rosenblatt)
- According to Pederson, Eagles WR DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is “getting close” to returning and is now considered day-to-day. (Jeff McLane)
- Pederson also mentioned that Eagles DB Avonte Maddox is still in the league’s concussion protocol. (Jeff McLane)
- According to Aaron Wilson, the Eagles worked out free agent DT T.Y. McGill on Tuesday.
- Giants RB Saquon Barkley (ankle) and TE Evan Engram (knee) were full participants in Wednesday’s practice. (Jordan Raanan)
- Ian Rapoport notes that Barkley practicing on Wednesday could be a “very good sign” that he plays in Week 7.
- Giants CB Corey Ballentine has been placed in the league’s concussion protocol after complaining about frequent headaches.
- Giants designated CB Sam Beal to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Redskins QB Alex Smith revealed at an Inova Sports Medicine event that he underwent 17 surgeries on his leg which required infected tissue to be removed, according to Thom Loverro of the Washington Times.
- Ben Standig and Rhiannon Walker of The Athletic writes that Smith threw a “variety of routes” and did dropbacks with trainers during the Redskins’ practice on Monday.
- Although Smith was not putting a large amount of weight on his leg, he was able to loft the ball and get “a lot of air” under his passes.
- According to John Keim, the Redskins have shown “no strong desire” to trade LT Trent Williams, at least for now. Keim thinks it would take a lot to change their minds now and require them to get a play-maker in return.
- Rookie QB Dwayne Haskins took all the first-team reps with Case Keenum sidelined on Wednesday. Meanwhile, interim HC Bill Callahan said he’s starting to see growth from Haskins. (John Keim)
- Redskins signed RB Josh Ferguson to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Redskins signed FB Michael Burton.
- Redskins placed TE Jerome Cunningham on injured reserve.