- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said Friday that DE Randy Gregory, who missed his second straight practice because of a family issue, will play on Sunday against the Colts. (Todd Archer)
- Garrett did confirm that the issue is not related to the meetings Gregory has had periodically this season in Chicago with the NFL’s medical director.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he thinks there’s a chance LB Sean Lee and WR Tavon Austin will play Sunday.
- The Dallas Cowboys officially ruled out DE David Irving (ankle), G Zack Martin (knee), and TE Geoff Swaim (wrist) for Sunday’s game against the Colts and list WR Tavon Austin (groin), DE Randy Gregory (not injury related), LB Sean Lee (hamstring), WR Lance Lenoir (illness), and T Tyron Smith (neck) as questionable.
“He has a stress injury, this thing has involved over time and it requires zero surgery to heal. Fracture … injury … you can word it any way you want,” Pederson said, per Reuben Frank.
- Pederson did, however, say that Wentz’s issue will require three months of recovery time. (James Palmer)
- The Philadelphia Eagles officially ruled out LB Jordan Hicks (calf), DT Timmy Jernigan (back), CB Sidney Jones (hamstring), and G Isaac Seumalo (pectoral) for Week 15’s game and have QB Carson Wentz (back) as doubtful.
- The Eagles also list DE Michael Bennett (foot), WR Shelton Gibson (wrist), and S Avonte Maddox (ankle, knee) as questionable.
- Eagles placed OT Jordan Mailata on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Eagles promoted LB B.J. Bello to their active roster.
- Eagles signed G Kaleb Johnson to their practice squad.
- The Saints signed WR Simmie Cobbs off of the Redskins’ practice squad on Friday. According to Cobbs, Washington offered to add him to their active roster, but he chose to sign with the Saints because the Redskins only offered to promote him because someone else wanted him. (Nick Underhill)
- JP Finlay reports that the Redskins are bringing in long snappers for tryouts with Nick Sundberg scheduled to undergo an MRI on his lower back. Sundberg is questionable for Sunday’s game.
- The Washington Redskins officially ruled out LB Ryan Anderson (hamstring), G Tony Bergstrom (knee, ankle), QB Colt McCoy (fibula), and TE Jordan Reed (ankle, foot) for Week 15’s game and have WR Josh Doctson (concussion), DE Matt Ioannidis (shin), T Morgan Moses (ankle), S Montae Nicholson (illness), T Ty Nsekhe (knee), LS Nick Sundberg (back), and RB Chris Thompson (illness) down as questionable.