Cowboys C Travis Frederick says he feels like he’s “back close to, if not full-strength,” but said he won’t know for sure until training camp.
“I think that’s where we are in the point of recovery and I think that’s going to be an important step to my return, being able to go through (practice in pads) and there’s going to be rust,” Frederick said via ESPN’s Todd Archer. “You’re going to have to knock the rust off during training camp and get back to doing those. You can do the movements on air as much as you want but it’s not until you’re going against a live person that you feel football.”
- Cowboys DE Taco Charlton underwent a minor ankle scope and should be ready to go for training camp. (Kevin Patra)
Adam Schefter says he’s been told the Eagles have started contract negotiations with QB Carson Wentz and he expects the two sides to reach an agreement before the start of the 2019 season.
“I think that both sides are motivated to get it done,” Schefter said via the Philly Voice’s Adam Herman. “I don’t think they’re close, right now, to getting it done, but when I talk to people around the league who look at that deal, they believe it’s going to get done.”
“I don’t know how it’ll shake out in terms of numbers, but the important thing is, for Carson Wentz, he’ll get some guaranteed money with his injury history, and then I think he’ll get another chance at a bite of the apple once this deal that he eventually signs expires,” Schefter continued.
- Reuben Frank of NBC Sports takes a look at the specifics regarding the Eagles’ decision to restructure S Blake Countess‘ contract.
- The Eagles lowered his 2019 base salary from $2.025 million to $900,000 while making $180,000 of his salary guaranteed.
- Philadelphia added three $50,000 roster bonuses in 2019, which is: if he’s on the 53-man roster for any one game during the season; if he’s on the active roster for eight or more games; and if he’s on the 46-man game-day active roster for at least eight games.
- For 2020, Countess carries a base salary of $1 million, including a $300,000 roster bonus if he’s on the roster by the third day of the league year. He also has a $500,000 playing-time escalator to his 2020 base salary.
- Per Jason La Canfora, if Joe Douglas leaves the Eagles for the Jets general manager position, it’s expected Andrew Berry would replace his role in Philadelphia.