Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones said the team should still be able to sign QB Dak Prescott to a long-term contract extension after signing DeMarcus Lawrence, Jaylon Smith, La’el Collins, and Ezekiel Elliott to deals this offseason.
“Based upon where we are, we should be able to get our job done. I really never planned to have a whole bunch left over,” said Jones, via Jori Epstein.
Jones added that “there is a limit” to what the Cowboys can do financially.
“There is a pie, there is a limit,” Jerry said. “If anyone gets out of kilter to a significant degree, it disrupts the plan and then you’ve got too much pie out of the pan to get the rest of the job done,” said Jones, via Epstein.
- Michael Gehlken mentions that the Cowboys could re-sign RB Alfred Morris at some point next week after releasing him on Saturday to clear a roster spot for RB Ezekiel Elliott.
- Calvin Watkins reports Cowboys DL Taco Charlton (ankle) will not play in the team’s Week 1 game against the Giants.
- Cowboys activated RB Ezekiel Elliott from the exempt list. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys released RB Alfred Morris.
Sunday will mark WR DeSean Jackson‘s first time back in an Eagles uniform since 2013, as the speedy veteran was traded back to the team that initially drafted him this offseason. Jackson said it’ll be only natural to be nervous and excited, but he’s hoping to keep the adrenaline in check so it doesn’t affect his performance.
“I don’t want to peak too soon,” Jackson said via Martin Frank of the Delaware News Journal. “It’s going to feel great. You can play it back in your head, you can think about it, you can visualize it. But until it happens to get the feeling out, to get the jitters, I’m sure I’ll be overanxious and be ready to go Saturday night and can’t wait ’til Sunday.”
- John Keim reports that Redskins TE Jordan Reed (concussion) did not travel with the team to Philadelphia for Week 1.
- Redskins promoted TE J.P. Holtz to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Redskins waived WR Robert Davis.