On Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said they’re in no rush to fill their offensive coordinator vacancy.
“We’re still in the throes of evaluation,” Jones said, per David Helman. “We’re in no hurry.”
- Jones said that outside of John Kitna, it’s unlikely they’ll hire anyone else outside the organization: “I like the guys we’ve got in house.” (David Helman)
- As for Jason Garrett’s involvement in the offense, Jones said it “could be more or less.” (David Helman)
- Cowboys WR Cole Beasley tweeted Tuesday that the front office tends to dictate who gets the ball in the team’s gameplan: “Honestly, the front office pushes who they want to get the ball to. I haven’t been a huge priority in that regard. Maybe that will change but I’m not sure. More balls come my way in 2 minute drill where nothing is planned.”
- Drew Davison expects the team to hire from within for its vacant offensive coordinator position. He mentions QB coach Kellen Moore and TE coach Doug Nussmeier, as well as HC Jason Garrett becoming more involved.
“Shoot yeah. I think so,” Condon said, via Tom Rock of Newsday. “I think he’ll be back.”
Condon said he has “no idea” if the Giants will approach him about a pay cut for Manning’s this offseason. However, Condon added that Manning would to be back and finish out his career with the Giants.
“I think he’d love to come back,” Condon said. “Guys love to play their whole careers with one team, if they have a good experience with that team.”
- Redskins president Bruce Allen told reporters on Tuesday that if anyone can return from a serious injury, it’s Alex Smith: (JP Finlay)
- Allen said he thinks LB Reuben Foster will fit in very well as a player with the Redskins and they don’t expect him to be suspended. (JP Finlay)
- According to Allen, DC Greg Manusky was in the interviews with defensive coordinator candidates and they were just trying to exchange ideas: “We are trying to find a winning combination for 2019.” (Les Carpenter)
- Allen mentioned that HC Jay Gruden isn’t at the Senior Bowl because he’s handling the changes to the coaching staff. (JP Finlay)
- According to JP Finlay, the Redskins met with Duke QB Daniel Jones at the Senior Bowl on Monday.
- N.C. State QB Ryan Finley tells Finlay he also met with Redskins scouts on Monday and that it went well.
- Another quarterback who spoke with Washington at the Senior Bowl was Penn State’s Trace McSorley. (JP Finlay)