- According to Jon Machota, even if Cowboys DT Trysten Hill doesn’t start, he’ll play a significant role in the rotation.
- Machota adds the Cowboys are content at safety for now, but if it turns into a problem at any point they won’t be afraid to make a big move like the trade for WR Amari Cooper.
- Machota forecasts the eventual salary for QB Dak Prescott falling in the $27 million to $32 million range.
- Jones says the Cowboys would like to try to sign Prescott, Cooper and RB Ezekiel Elliott to deals that don’t max out their salary cap: “If we can talk them into not maxing out, doing well, but not maxed, that allows us to have other good football players around them.” (Machota)
- Minnesota QB Philip Nelson will try out for the Cowboys at rookie minicamp this week. (Darren Wolfson)
- The Cowboys will move LB Sean Lee from weakside to strongside linebacker. (Calvin Watkins)
- After losing the starting left guard spot to Xavier Su’a-Filo, Cowboys G Connor Williams could be an option to replace OT La’el Collins at right tackle in 2020.
- The Cowboys expect they’ll be priced out of contention for Collins and also drafted G Connor McGovern in the third round to add depth to the interior line.
- A source within the Cowboys tells Jane Slater that the team is “very comfortable with Dak [Prescott] being our future,” but a possible deal is still not “close” to being finalized.
- Slater adds that the Cowboys have already presented Prescott’s agent their first offer and they are currently awaiting the quarterback’s counteroffer.
Giants QB Kyle Lauletta is aware of the situation heading into his second season with his roster spot in jeopardy, but is confident in his ability.
“All I can do right now is control me and get my knee back and work hard,” Lauletta said via NJ.com’s Ryan Dunleavy. “I know the player I can be. I’ve just got to get to work and reach my full potential, and when I get an opportunity on the field, show them what I can do.”
- Giants OC Mike Shula says WR Golden Tate‘s versatility will help the offense: “Golden Tate’s a guy who can be productive and like Sterling Shepard can play inside or out. When you have two guys like that, you’re going to be less predictable. Tate’s a guy when he has the ball in his hands, he’s pretty good.” (Matt Lombardo)
- If needed, Shula says QB Daniel Jones could start Day One for the Giants: “I think he’d be ready to go. He has that capability.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Giants DC James Bettcher has high hopes for DE Markus Golden a year and a half removed from a knee injury: “Don’t ever forget that before that he was one of the best pass rushers in this league. People had to plan for that.” (Vacchiano)
- According to Dan Duggan, Giants C Jon Halapio (ankle) is fully participating in the team’s offseason program, while QB Kyle Lauletta has yet to be fully cleared from a knee injury sustained this offseason.
Redskins G Brandon Scherff says he expects to be ready for training camp after a “fluke” injury last year.
“My arm got caught in a weird position, and my pec popped,” Scherff said via Kyle Stackpole of the official team site. “There’s nothing you can really train for that injury, but it’s all about getting stronger and eating healthier — I’ve been doing that a lot better — and just not worrying about [the injury]. Just going out and playing football.”