- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice takes a look at three unrestricted free agents who could make sense as additions for the Eagles after the compensatory pick deadline next Tuesday.
- Kempski’s list includes DE Ezekiel Ansah, G Jeff Allen and OL Stefen Wisniewski.
- Following the Eagles’ decision to claim DB Blake Countess off of waivers on Friday, Zack Rosenblatt mentions that it appears more and more likely that S Andrew Sendejo won’t make the 53-man roster this summer.
- Eliot Shorr-Parks takes a look at some free agents that could make sense for the Eagles to sign including S Tre Boston and G Andy Levitre.
Regarding Eli Manning, Giants HC Pat Shurmur said the veteran has had “no response” to the team drafting Jones No. 6 overall.
“He’s had no response,” Shurmur said, via Jordan Raanan. “I will say this again: I’ve never been around a person that can stay in the moment better than Eli. And I think that is something that is really, really unique about him. He’s staying in the moment.”
Shurmur added that Manning is preparing for a “terrific season” and is doing “all the things necessary” to play well in 2019.
“He’s training to play and have a terrific season,” Shurmur said. “He looks really good out here throwing and moving, doing all the things necessary. It’s his second year in our system. So he knows what he’s doing better than some of the guys teaching it.”
Giants’ first-round QB Daniel Jones said he is trying to not pay attention to critics and is focused on “learning the offense.”
“It would be hard to be completely unaware of all that stuff and the way it works nowadays,” Jones said, via Jordan Raanan of ESPN. “But I don’t focus on it. There is a lot to focus on. There is a lot to learn for me right now, being here learning the offense and trying to pick up a lot of stuff. I’m not sure I can afford to really focus on [criticism] too much.”
- Giants undrafted TE C.J. Conrad mentioned that Jones has a lot of “zip” on his passes and impressed with his velocity: “There’s some zip on his ball. Saw that right away first ball I caught. Throws a really good ball. It zips. Hits your hands quick, gets on you quick, tight spiral. He really impressed me with his velocity.” (Art Stapleton)