Home Eagles NFC East Notes: Eagles, Giants, Redskins
- Jay Glazer reported on FOX NFL Sunday that the Eagles are looking for “star power” ahead of the upcoming trade deadline and are expected to be “big, big buyers” this week.
- According to Charles Robinson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai is “the most available OT on the market.”
- Per Jimmy Kempski of the Philly Voice, the Eagles are slated to lose a fourth-round compensatory pick this offseason because the 49ers released WR Jordan Matthews.
- Matthews qualified as a lost free agent for the Eagles under the compensatory pick formula but was canceled out by the Eagles’ signing of S Andrew Sendejo. Following Matthews’ release, Sendejo now cancels out the fourth-round pick Philadelphia was projected to receive for losing WR Golden Tate.
- Jay Glazer reported on FOX NFL Sunday that the Giants could be a potential trade partner for Jets DL Leonard Williams.
- According to Charles Robinson, the Giants are reticent to tinker with their offensive line while developing Daniel Jones, which makes acquiring Nate Solder even harder.
- Per NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, Redskins RB Adrian Peterson told first-round rookie QB Dwayne Haskins after Thursday night’s loss to the Vikings to get his nose in the playbook and learn the plays, as everyone outside the building thinks you don’t know them and you’re proving them right based on your play.
- Peterson responded on Twitter, saying, “If you didn’t hear something direct from me, please don’t attribute it to me. I believe in Dwayne and his potential. With more time, support & commitment, he can grown like any other rookie player.”
- Haskins also weighed in, tweeting, “Please don’t involve me in this bs media narrative.”