- According to 94WIP’s Eliot Shorr-Parks, while the Eagles don’t typically invest major resources at linebacker, Rams LB Cory Littleton is the type of player they could make an exception for in free agency.
- Other options include Bears LB Nick Kwiatkoski, Packers LB Blake Martinez, Giants LB David Mayo, Chiefs LB Reggie Ragland, Buccaneers LB Kevin Minter and Seahawks LB Mychal Kendricks.
- According to ESPN’s Mike Reiss, Giants DT Leonard Williams reached out to former Patriots DL Richard Seymour for help going forward from his contract year: “I’ve been working with him, assessing what I think his strengths and weaknesses are, and what does he need to do to take that next step to be the perennial All-Pro player that he has the ability to be. He’s 25 years old. He’s young. Athletic. Can run like a deer.”
- Ryan Dunleavy reports that the Giants signed long snapper Colin Holba to a two-year contract last November, which means he’ll be a restricted free agent after the 2020 season.
The writing had been on the wall for former Redskins CB Josh Norman when he was benched and barely played in 2019 despite a rash of injuries at cornerback. Releasing him saved Washington $12.5 million despite some thought his familiarity with new HC Ron Rivera could earn him a second chance at a far reduced salary. However, Rivera spoke of his desire to get younger on the back end.
“The big thing is it’s an opportunity for us to get younger. Josh is a veteran guy and again, just looking at the young guys that we have, we got to get these guys on the football field and more exposed,” Rivera said via NBC Sports’ JP Finlay.
- Redskins HC Ron Rivera said he expects to hear from TE Greg Olsen soon on his decision between the Redskins, Bills and Seahawks. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Rivera adds he got the impression Olsen is definitely playing in 2020 despite having other broadcast options.