- A prior report mentioned that Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott could be planning to skip the start of training camp.
- Mike Florio of PFT, citing a league source, reports that Elliott currently is believed to be making plans for a trip out of the country.
- Charles Robinson previously mentioned that Elliott will need to report to the team by August 6 to get an accrued season towards unrestricted free agency.
“It does everything [having Elliott],” Prescott said, via ProFootballTalk. “It allows the game to open up. When you can run the ball successfully, all it does is open up the passing game, opens up the play-action game. It allows you to be dominant in the second half and in the fourth quarter when you need to be and run out the time. So we’ve got a great group of guys and our running backs are not short of that.”
- Free agent DE/OLB Connor Barwin mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio that he has spoken with Eagles GM Howie Roseman about possibly re-signing with Philadelphia.
- However, the Eagles prefer to take a look at their younger players in the first few weeks of training camp before reconsidering whether to sign Barwin.
- Barwin added that he’s preparing to play 4-3 defensive end and is down to 270 lbs.