- Albert Breer confirms reports that the Bears were in the mix to sign veteran RB Adrian Peterson before he agreed to return to the Redskins on a two-year, $8 million deal.
- Temple RB Ryquell Armstead has a workout scheduled with the Bears for Tuesday. (Mike Kaye)
Meinke expects the Lions to pick up LT Taylor Decker‘s fifth-year option in the coming weeks, which will keep him under team control through 2020.
- Tom Silverstein reported Monday night that he was starting to hear the Packers aren’t in good salary cap shape as reported because of cap charges that weren’t previously calculated. One source estimated Green Bay has close to $5 million of cap room.
- Silverstein mentions that the Packers may have passed on signing on CB Bashaud Breeland and S Curtis Riley because the one-year deals they were going to get were too high for their cap situation.
- Andrew Krammer looks at a few potential second-wave free agency targets for the Vikings, including G Josh Kline, T Ryan Schraeder, G Josh Sitton, G T.J. Lang, K Matt Bryant, P Matt Darr, WR Pierre Garcon, RB Isaiah Crowell or LB Vincent Rey.
- Houston CB Isaiah Johnson will take a pre-draft visit and meet with the Vikings. (Darren Wolfson)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Alabama State OT prospect Tytus Howard is scheduled to visit with the Giants.
- Darren Wolfson reports that the Vikings with B.C. OL Chris Lindstrom at both the Senior Bowl and Combine and will be in attendance for his Pro Bowl on Wednesday.