- Aaron Wilson reports that the Bears worked out UDFA WR Ashton Grant.
When asked about his contract situation with the team, Lions WR Golden Tate said his agent is in control of negotiations and he is focusing on football.
“I pay my agent a lot of money and I told him, I just want to play football,” said Tate, via Tom Pelissero.
- Pelissero reports that Lions franchise DE Ezekiel Ansah’s appearance on the active/PUP list isn’t a long-term issue and team is just being extra cautious with a player who has battled many injuries in recent years.
- Detroit reportedly expects Ansah back sooner than later and ultimately ready for Week 1.
- Packer executive Mark Murphy declined to put a timeline on a possible extension for Aaron Rodgers but is “still confident” a deal will work out: “Russ Ball has been in constant contact with Aaron’s rep and I’m still confident it will get worked out.” (Rob Demovsky)
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy said of RT Bryan Bulaga and OLB Nick Perry being placed on the PUP list: “Bryan Bulaga has really from early in the rehab been ahead of the game. I have confidence in both Bryan and Nick that this won’t threaten the beginning of the season.” (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- Regarding WR Michael Clark‘s decision to retire, McCarthy said: “It did surprise me. I think Mike was a young, talented football player who had a lot of things in front of him.” (Michael Cohen)
- McCarthy admitted that rookie OL Cole Madison‘s personal situation caught them off guard: “That took us a little by surprise Tuesday, Wednesday. In respect to Cole, I’m going to leave it at that. I do not have any timeline for you.” (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- McCarthy says they’re more concerned about OLB Clay Matthews‘ knee than the broken nose he suffered this offseason: “The injury we’re focused on and the reps he’s played in his career is about the knee. We’re not as concerned about the nose, according to training staff. Just have to be smart with his reps.” (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- Packers DL Muhammad Wilkerson earned a $1M reporting bonus for being present for the start Green Bay’s training camp on Wednesday. (Field Yates)
- Vikings QB Trevor Siemian said he is adjusting to being a backup quarterback: “On a macro level it’s certainly different because you know your role because it’s defined for you coming in but the day-to-day is no different. I’m really trying to improve I’m still fairly young so I have a ways to go.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Vikings C Pat Elfein confirmed that he is, in fact, still recovering from ankle and shoulder surgery. (Chris Tomasson)