Bears QB Mitch Trubisky believes the offense “could explode at any minute” based on the playmakers they have.
“You just gotta believe this week is gonna be the week,” Trubisky said, via the Chicago Sun-Times. “There’s definitely some things that we are missing on film, but we’re coming together and we’re correcting them. The most important thing to me is that my guys still believe in me. . . . We’re sticking together and we’re gonna do what we gotta do to correct it, and we gotta believe that this offense could explode at any minute because of the playmakers and the special guys we have in the locker room. We just gotta keep believing in that.”
- Bears waived G Blake Blackmar from injured reserve with a settlement.
- Lions HC Matt Patricia wouldn’t confirm it but sounded optimistic about LB Jarrad Davis‘ chances of returning in Week 3. (Kyle Meinke)
- Packers TE Jimmy Graham (groin) returned to practice on Friday, which is a positive sign for him playing in Week 3.
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said Graham “looked good” in practice today: “He’s a pro, and he’s locked in. He’s getting those mental reps, so it should be a seamless transition.”(Ryan Wood)
- LaFleur said he anticipates rookie LG Elgton Jenkins to start for Lane Taylor on Sunday. (Matt Schneidman)
- Vikings LB Anthony Barr, who is listed as questionable with a groin injury, said he’s “optimistic” about being able to play Sunday against Oakland. (Chris Tomasson)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said they are still waiting for the doctors to fully clear CB Mike Hughes, who is questionable for Week 3. (Chris Tomasson)
- The Vikings officially ruled out CB Mackensie Alexander (elbow) for Week 3’s game and list LB Anthony Barr (groin), G Pat Elflein (knee), LB Ben Gedeon (groin), and CB Mike Hughes (knee) as questionable.