- Per Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, Bears HC Matt Nagy said third-round rookie RB David Montgomery “lightly rolled” his ankle in practice this week and will be monitored ahead of Sunday night’s game against the Rams.
- The Athletic’s Adam Jahns and Kevin Fishbain say the top needs for the Bears this offseason are tight end and offensive line, with safety, linebacker and quarterback also meriting consideration.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that he believes the Lions give HC Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn another year, though there were rumblings before this season that their jobs were on the line in 2019.
- According to DetroitNews.com’s Justin Rogers, there’s a potential disconnect between Lions CB Darius Slay and the culture the team is trying to build, which could lead to Slay being traded before the end of his deal.
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford (back) missed practice again and his status for Sunday is looking doubtful. (Adam Schefter)
Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling‘s production has fallen off in recent weeks. Green Bay has been looking for a viable No. 2 option to WR Davante Adams and has a host of young wideouts. But Valdes-Scantling only has one catch for four yards in the past three games.
Packers HC Matt LaFleur said some of that is due to the injuries Valdes-Scantling has been battling. He adds, though, the coaching staff could put the second-year receiver in better situations to use his size and speed.
“I also think we got to look critically at ourselves and what we’re asking him to do, and making sure we’re putting him in position to get some of those balls,” LaFleur said via the Athletic’s Matt Schneidman. “… He’s tough to defend because he can run so well. So we have to make sure we put him in positions where he can use that to his advantage. You can’t coach or teach that speed.”
- According to Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, Vikings C Brett Jones suffered a torn MCL in practice this week when another player fell on his leg. Minnesota placed him on injured reserve Thursday.
- Vikings G Dakota Dozier said he’ll take a few extra reps at center during the week due to Jones’ injury. (Tomasson)
- Vikings WR Adam Thielen (hamstring), DT Linval Joseph (knee) and G Josh Kline (concussion) all missed practice Thursday and are unlikely to play Sunday against Denver. (Tomasson)