- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes Bears WR Allen Robinson should be the team’s top priority for an extension either this season or in the offseason.
Lions’ backup QB Jeff Driskel said his hamstring injury is improving “every day” after sustaining the issue during Week 12.
“Yeah, it’s definitely gotten better each and every day,” Driskel said, via Tim Twentyman of the team’s official site. “That’s just a testament to the guys in the training room – all of those guys that are here all hours of the day working with us.”
Regarding whether his injury affects his play, Driskel said he tries to not think about his hamstring while playing.
“It’s one of those deals where if you’re out on the field, you can’t think about that,” Driskel said. “You have to be able to just go let it rip, so that’s kind of my thought on that.”
- Per the Athletic’s Matt Schneidman, Packers HC Matt LaFleur wouldn’t rule out OT Bryan Bulaga, who suffered an MCL injury Sunday night, from playing this week against the Giants.
- LaFleur didn’t rule out increasing RB Aaron Jones‘ workload down the stretch but added the team likes splitting carries between Jones and RB Jamaal Williams: “I think it’s best for us right now to continue to have a one-two punch with those guys.” (Ryan Wood)
- Packers claimed OT Jared Veldheer off of waivers from the Patriots. (NFLTR)
Vikings FB Johnny Stanton said Minnesota signed him to their practice squad out of nowhere last week after he was drafted by the XFL’s Los Angeles organization.
“The call out of nowhere, but it was perfect timing,” Stanton said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said they released WR Josh Doctson because they needed the roster spot: “We felt like we were in good shape at wide receivers and we needed some other guys.” (Tomasson)
- Vikings DT Linval Joseph returned to practice after undergoing surgery a few weeks ago for a knee injury and has a decent chance to play Monday. (Courtney Cronin)