Bears HC Matt Nagy credited QB Mitch Trubisky for working through his struggles and showing resiliency throughout the year.
“No. 1, it’s not easy, the human element of going through what he’s gone through,” Nagy said, via Adam Jahns of The Athletic. “But you’re seeing right now a kid that is playing with conviction; he’s playing with a lot of determination; he’s playing with a lot of trust, guys are trusting him, and we’re winning, so you get confidence.
“All that said, no one’s satisfied, and I think that’s what’s powerful in all this thing, is that we know there’s more, and that’s why we’re still hungry.”
Trubisky added that the adversity they’ve dealt with has led to a closer relationship between him and Nagy.
“I think adversity does two things,” Trubisky said. “It either pulls people apart or brings them together. And me and coach Nagy have definitely gotten closer together along with this whole team. We just continue to block everyone out on the outside, get close, get tight-knit relationships and we just have complete and total trust and faith in one another. It’s really a strength in our relationship.”
- OUT for Week 15: TE Ben Braunecker (concussion), WR Taylor Gabriel (concussion), T Bobby Massie (ankle), LB Danny Trevathan (elbow)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: DT Roy Robertson-Harris (foot), WR Javon Wims (knee)
Lions HC Matt Patricia said there’s no timetable for a decision regarding whether QB Matthew Stafford will return this season.
“I think the Stafford conversation, we’ve definitely talked about a lot, and really for him, he and I having those conversations and working on schedule with the doctors and that information there,” Patricia said, via the Detroit Free Press. “We’ll just kind of go forward as we feel is necessary or is proper as we push forward. Certainly, like I said before, it’s my respect for him and his toughness and his desire to help this team and everything he can do, I just have open ears.”
- Lions RB Kerryon Johnson was asked why he wants to return from his knee injury this season, even though there’s nothing to play for at this point: “As stupid as some people may see it, you know, I like to play, man. I did all this work in the offseason, did all this work in the summer, I didn’t do it to play five games. So obviously my goal every year is to play a full season, two seasons down I’m 0-for-2.” (Michael Rothstein)
- OUT for Week 15: G Joe Dahl (back, knee), LB Jarrad Davis (ankle, knee), DT A’Shawn Robinson (shoulder), QB Matthew Stafford (hip, back), T Rick Wagner (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: DT John Atkins (illness), LB Christian Jones (shoulder), RB Bo Scarbrough (ribs)
Vikings WR Adam Thielen has been removed from the team’s injury report and is set to return to game action in Week 15.
“Honestly right now, I’m just taking it one day at a time. I’m focusing on today,” Thielen said, via Vikings.com. “Today was a win for me, just getting back out there.
“Just focusing on the day … and tomorrow is the same thing. Just focus on that day and see how it goes and go from there.”
- The Vikings tried out several CFL players on Friday including WR Bralon Addison (Hamilton), WR Reggie Begelton (Calgary), CB DaShaun Amos (Calgary), CB Marcus Sayles (Winnipeg), DE Ryan Brown (Montreal) and K Lewis Ward (Ottawa). (Howard Balzer)
- OUT for Week 15: S Jayron Kearse (toe), RB Alexander Mattison (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: WR Olabisi Johnson (quadricep), CB Xavier Rhodes (ankle)