- Adam L. Jahns writes that Bears WR Kevin White‘s performance in Saturday’s preseason game against the Chiefs should help him secure a roster spot.
- Jahns believes the Bears will have to decide whether they want to keep six receivers on their active roster with White and rookie Javon Wims.
- In the end, the Bears will have to decide if WR Josh Bellamy‘s role on special teams is critical enough to keep him for the regular season.
- Eric Baranczyk and Pete Dougherty of PackersNews.com write that Brett Hundley has looked the better of the two backup quarterbacks between himself and DeShone Kizer.
- According to Baranczyk and Dougherty, the best-case scenario for Green Bay would be to find a trade partner for either Hundley or Kizer and recoup either a late-round pick or a backup offensive lineman. However, they admit that the odds of the Packers locating a trade partner for either quarterback aren’t great.
- If the Packers can’t trade either quarterback, they believe Green Bay should keep Hundley and cut Kizer.
- The Packers traded for Colts LB Antonio Morrison on Sunday. Regarding the move, HC Mike McCarthy said: “If you look at the youth of the group, it was something that we felt we needed to add.” (Michael Cohen)
- As for rookie LB Oren Burks‘ shoulder injury, McCarthy told reporters: “It’s better than we anticipated. It should not be a long-term deal.” (Jason Wilde)
- Packers OLB Clay Matthews was asked if the coaching had approached him about moving to inside linebacker, but that doesn’t appear to be the case: “That would be news to me.” (Ryan Wood)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said C Pat Elflein (ankle/shoulder) will likely not practice for the final week of the preseason but does not think he will start the season on the PUP list. (Ben Goessling)
- Zimmer added that Elfien will practice “when he’s ready to go” and is not sure about his possible timetable to return.
- The Vikings traded a 2019 draft pick to the Giants for C Brett Jones on Sunday. (NFLTR)
- Courtney Cronin mentions that if Jones has to start in place of Elflein for Week 1 or longer, there’s a thought Jones could compete to take over at left guard.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!