- Bears HC Matt Nagy says GM Ryan Pace will always entertain trade talks, adding the team is in a good spot at running back. (Adam Jahns)
- Nagy mentioned C Cody Whitehair and G James Daniels could switch positions in 2019. (Brad Biggs)
- Nagy acknowledged the kicker position as a potential issue for the Bears this year: “It’s a huge question mark. …We’re not going to know the answer until we go through some things.” (Rich Campbell)
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer has no plans to retire anytime soon.
“I was thinking the other day, shit I might do this until I’m 75,” Zimmer said via the Athletic’s Chad Graff. “Who knows? It’s fun.”
Zimmer went to his offseason home in Kentucky for a break, but it only took a couple of days for him to feel the need for football.
“I’m going to be bored if this is what I do (in retirement),” Zimmer said. “So I get the tape out and start watching tape.”
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer called LB Anthony Barr‘s decision to give up more money to stay with the Vikings “rare.”
“We knew he was going to get more than we could pay him,” Zimmer said via ESPN’s Courtney Cronin. “It just shows to his loyalty, to what he thinks about ownership and the team and the organization. It’s very rare that guys do that.”
- Zimmer said he had an interesting conversation with 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan on Monday about Kirk Cousins and explained how much the Shanahan influence will help him under Gary Kubiak: “He’s going to play good. This offense with Kubiak and Stefanski is going to be right down his alley. So I think this is going to be a really good fit for Kirk.” (Courtney Cronin)
- Zimmer said of finding a backup quarterback: “We’re looking at everywhere. We’d like to have a veteran if we could but we’re not going to rule out bringing in a rookie or Kyle (Sloter), any of them. It’s something we have to look for.” (Courtney Cronin)
- Regarding CB Xavier Rhodes, Zimmer wants to see him get back to the level he played at in 2017: “(Rhodes) needs to play better. I’m going to make sure that he plays better because those guys are important in our defense and what we do.” (Courtney Cronin)
- Zimmer stressed that Rhodes needs to live up to the money they’re paying him: “I just don’t think he played as well as he can play and he needs to play up to his ability level and I need to make sure he does that. We’re paying him a lot of money, he needs to play up to that contract.” (Courtney Cronin)
- Zimmer acknowledged the possibility of moving Brian O’Neill to left tackle and Riley Reiff to guard to give them flexibility with what they do in the draft. However, nothing in stone yet. (Courtney Cronin)