- After being released by Detroit, G T.J. Lang is reportedly considering retirement. (Dave Birkett)
- Detroit LB Trevor Bates appeared in a New York court on Friday for five charges, including 2nd-degree assault, stemming from an incident in February. His next hearing is in June. (Birkett)
- Bates has also checked out of the psychiatric ward he was receiving treatment in. (Birkett)
- ESPN’s Dianna Russini reported Thursday night that the Packers did have interest in trading for WR Antonio Brown.
- However, Rob Demovsky says Green Bay never engaged the Steelers in trade talks for Brown.
- Ian Rapoport also reports that the Packers were never in the mix for Brown.
- Tom Silverstein says if the price drops, Green Bay could still look at trading for Brown contingent upon what he wants with his contract.
- Silverstein could see the Packers bringing back LB Antonio Morrison, who was waived Friday, at a cheaper price.
- According to Silverstein, the Packers tendered exclusive rights free agent TE Robert Tonyan on Friday.
- Chris Tomasson reports the Vikings are trying to re-sign DB and punt returner Marcus Sherels.
- Minnesota is also discussing potentially re-signing G Nick Easton, who is reportedly fully recovered from a neck injury that cost him his 2018 season. (Tomasson)
- The Vikings are having conversations about a new deal for WR Adam Thielen that would put him among the highest paid receivers in the league, but that deal might not happen until the summer. (Tomasson)