- After being released by Detroit, G T.J. Lang is reportedly considering retirement. (Dave Birkett)
- Detroit LB Trevor Bates appeared in a New York court on Friday for five charges, including 2nd-degree assault, stemming from an incident in February. His next hearing is in June. (Birkett)
- Bates has also checked out of the psychiatric ward he was receiving treatment in. (Birkett)
- ESPN’s Dianna Russini reported Thursday night that the Packers did have interest in trading for WR Antonio Brown.
- However, Rob Demovsky says Green Bay never engaged the Steelers in trade talks for Brown.
- Ian Rapoport also reports that the Packers were never in the mix for Brown.
- Tom Silverstein says if the price drops, Green Bay could still look at trading for Brown contingent upon what he wants with his contract.
- Silverstein could see the Packers bringing back LB Antonio Morrison, who was waived Friday, at a cheaper price.
- According to Silverstein, the Packers tendered exclusive rights free agent TE Robert Tonyan on Friday.
- Chris Tomasson reports the Vikings are trying to re-sign DB and punt returner Marcus Sherels.
- Minnesota is also discussing potentially re-signing G Nick Easton, who is reportedly fully recovered from a neck injury that cost him his 2018 season. (Tomasson)
- The Vikings are having conversations about a new deal for WR Adam Thielen that would put him among the highest paid receivers in the league, but that deal might not happen until the summer. (Tomasson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!