With the release of G T.J. Lang, the Lions have multiple options to replace him at right guard, including Kenny Wiggins, Joe Dahl and Oday Aboushi. Second-year OT Tyrell Crosby could also move to guard.
“The game’s a little bit different inside than it is outside for Crosby, so some of those situations we’re gonna have to see if he can do that, but we’ll do that with all of those guys,” HC Matt Patricia said via Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com. “There will be a constant flux of positional – I don’t want to call them situational where we’re just seeing what they can do – but we’ll put our guys in as many possible situations as we can, because what happens is you do it in the spring, you do it in training camp and even if that’s a situation where you’re like ‘alright, this really isn’t a great fit,’ you do it then because, look, we go to a game, we’re only gonna bring so many guys to a game, we’re only gonna have so many active players.”
- According to Field Yates, Packers LBs Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith will receive $750,000 and $650,000 workout bonuses respectively, which are the two largest workout bonuses in the NFL this year.
- A week before being released by the Packers, LB Antonio Morrison was removed from a flight at the Milwaukee airport for exhibiting hostile behavior toward a flight attendant, per the Athletic’s Michael Cohen.
- The pilot returned to the gate mid-taxi after Morrison’s outburst and the 24-year-old was issued a citation by the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office for interfering with a flight.
- Boston College WR Jeff Smith has a top-30 visit set up with the Packers. (Greg Auman)
- Washington OT Kaleb McGary will meet privately with the Packers. (Aaron Wilson)
- Chris Tomasson reports that the Vikings could still end up signing free agent QB Sean Mannion, even though his visit ended without a deal on Monday.
- Washington State OT Andre Dillard will visit the Vikings in April. (Darren Wolfson)
- Boston College WR Jeff Smith has a top-30 visit set up with the Vikings. (Greg Auman)
- Washington OT Kaleb McGary will meet privately with the Vikings. (Aaron Wilson)