Home Lions NFC North Notes: Lions, Packers, Vikings
- Per Justin Rogers of DetroitNews.com, Lions QB Matthew Stafford said he definitely will be ready for the offseason program after being shut down for much of 2019 with a back injury.
- According to Kyle Meinke of MLive.com, everything he’s heard from both the team and the player suggests that Lions G Graham Glasgow is headed for free agency this offseason. However, Meinke says Glasgow is open to staying in Detroit for the right offer.
- Lions GM Bob Quinn said he’s open to spending more money on a viable No. 2 quarterback option next offseason. (Kyle Meinke)
- Quinn said he’s “very confident” that Stafford’s back injuries won’t be a lingering concern for him next year. (Dave Birkett)
- Regarding the trade talks involving CB Darius Slay before the deadline, Quinn said they never got that serious. (Kyle Meinke)
- Lions LB Christian Jones said he had surgery on his right shoulder Friday and is out 2-4 months. (Michael Rothstein)
- According to ESPN’s Rob Demovsky, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers earned a $100,000 incentive for playing at least 72.5 percent of the snaps, $120,000 for making the playoffs and $100,000 for finishing in the top three in interception percentage.
- Rodgers can also earn $130,000 for making the NFC Championship Game and $150,000 for reaching the Super Bowl.
- Packers G Billy Turner earned a $500,000 incentive for playing more than 90 percent of Green Bay’s snaps, finishing with 99.8 percent. (Demovsky)
- Packers OT Bryan Bulaga remains in the concussion protocol. (Matt Schneidman)
- Packers RB Jamaal Williams said his shoulder is good and if they had to play this week, he would be out there. (Lily Zhao)
- Packers C Corey Linsley said his back injury is not a structural issue but that it has been bothering him for a while. He plans to work with trainers and the strength staff to be ready for the playoff game. (Tom Silverstein)
- According to Packers HC Matt LaFleur, RG Billy Turner was able to play through an ankle injury on Sunday. (Tom Silverstein)
- Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports writes this weekend’s playoff game could have major implications for HC Mike Zimmer.
- 2020 is the last year of Zimmer’s deal in Minnesota. If the Vikings tank and current OC Kevin Stefanski continues to receive major interest from other teams as a head coaching candidate, the Vikings could jettison Zimmer for Stefanski.
- Vikings RB Dalvin Cook said he’ll be ready to play against the Saints this week: “It was tough watching, but now I’m good. It’s time to win some games.” (Andrew Krammer)