Lions WR Marvin Hall, who has played on five teams in four years, feels he’s made an “impact” with Detroit since he fits their system.
“It’s surreal, just to take the path I took, and to make the impact I’ve made here, it’s a blessing,” Hall said, Michael Schoch of The Detroit News. “You have a gunslinger, and he’s going to put the ball up when he has any type of matchup. And I love it.”
- The Detroit Lions officially ruled out S Tracy Walker (knee) and list DT Mike Daniels (foot) as doubtful for Week 9’s game.
- The Lions also have RB Tra Carson (hamstring), G Graham Glasgow (back), DT Damon Harrison (groin, not injury related), CB Amani Oruwariye (knee), DT A’Shawn Robinson (knee), and CB Darius Slay (hamstring) down as questionable.
Smith does not face any criminal charges, but he is still subject to discipline from the NFL.
The Packers issued the following statement regarding the matter: “The Packers are aware of the matter involving Za’Darius Smith. We will refrain from making any further comment as it is a legal matter.”
Packers DC Mike Pettine said their 13 takeaways this season is not “by accident” and was a focus during training camp.
“I don’t think that’s by accident,” Pettine said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN. “That’s been an emphasis since the spring.”
- Pettine added that Packers’ second-year ILB Oren Burks has not seen the field much this season because B.J. Goodson is playing well and their scheme has required single linebacker-sets more often. (Tom Silverstein)
- Packers CB/return specialist Tremon Smith said he practiced with Green Bay’s running backs group in Friday’s practice in order to work on his ball security. (Matt Schneidman)
- The Green Bay Packers officially list WR Davante Adams (toe) and TE Robert Tonyan (hip) as questionable for Week 9.