- Per Michael Cohen, Packers S Josh Jones was in attendance for minicamp, but was in sneakers on the side and didn’t practice.
- Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said Jones was sitting out with a hamstring injury. (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- When asked if he’s shopping Jones, who reportedly requested a trade and skipped OTA’s this offseason, Gutekunst said he will consider what’s best for the team. (Cohen)
- Jones said he skipped OTA’s to work out on his own and be close to his newborn daughter: “I have a trainer in Florida that I like to workout with. I also had a daughter that was born not too long ago, so I’m just being a family man, being a father to my kids.” (Zach Heilprin)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur says he expects to have CB Kevin King ready by training camp. (Cohen)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer mentions that Packers WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling has picked up HC Matt Lafleur‘s offense quickly and could play a big role in 2019.
“Oh yeah, that is where he’s going to be, and hopefully he will stay there for a long time,” Kubiak said via Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “He is doing great. For a rookie to be put in there at center from Day 1, it’s hard on him. But he is doing a good job.”
Adrian Peterson said there’s no doubt when he finally decides to retire, he’s retiring as a Viking.
“This is where I started; this is where it’s going to come to an end, as well,” Peterson said via Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “People ask me all the time, and they keep throwing me off, like, ‘Where would I retire? A Saint, a Cardinal or a Redskin?’ It’s like, ‘No, I’m going to retire a Viking.’ I was here a decade — some great memories, some everlasting friends. I’m just forever indebted to the state of Minnesota. I’ll definitely be retiring a Viking, for sure.”
- Vikings rookie LS Austin Cutting is at minicamp and for now plans to attend Vikings training camp. Cutting is on leave following his graduation from the Air Force May 30. (Chris Tomasson)
- According to Chris Tomasson, Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph says negotiations weren’t easy given the Vikings’ cap constraints.
- However, Rudolph says he believed all along they’d reach a deal. (Tomasson)
- Rudolph says he probably could have gotten more money by testing free agency, but he had no interest in doing that. (Tomasson)