Bears HC Matt Nagy said that QB Mitch Trubisky’s shoulder injury is a “day-to-day” situation.
“He has a right shoulder that we’re dealing with right now and it’s something that is going to be day-to-day for us,” Nagy said, per Brad Biggs. “This to me is going to be similar cautiously the same way as Khalil (Mack) and Allen (Robinson). He’s in pain, which is normal. But for us, again, this has been a short day-and-a-half for us.”
Nagy mentioned that the injury occurred on the late hit from Vikings S Harrison Smith.
As for playing in Week 12, Nagy said: “I’m staying cautiously optimistic, but I can’t make any promises. I hope he does. He wants to play, I know that. We’ve got to make sure in these situations we’re doing the right thing.”
The good news for Trubisky is that Nagy ruled out surgery and doesn’t consider it a long-term issue.
- Dan Wiederer “plenty of signs” point toward Chase Daniel starting in place of Trubisky for Thanksgiving’s game against the Lions.
Meanwhile, former Chargers physician David Chao writes that there is reason to believe Trubisky won’t be playing a game in two days.
Chao says that Trubisky’s may have a capsule/labrum or pinching/bruising of the rotator cuff to his throwing shoulder. Chao doesn’t think this is a season-ending issue, but it makes it tough for him to play in a Thursday game.
Cardinals HC Steve Wilks says he isn’t worried about his job security and is instead focused on their Week 12 game against the Chargers.
“I’m just focused right now on trying to beat the Chargers. That’s the main concern,” Wilks said, via AZCentral.com. “I haven’t really thought about that and I think when you start trying to consume yourself and worry about whether you’re going to be here next year or worrying about this, you lose focus on what’s in front of us and I don’t want to do that.”
- Cardinals waived CB Jamar Taylor. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals signed CB David Amerson. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals promoted CB Chris Jones to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals promoted WR Jalen Tolliver to their active roster.
- Cardinals signed K Zane Gonzalez to their practice squad.
- Cardinals released DE Vontarrius Dora from their practice squad.
- Saints rookie DE Marcus Davenport returned to practice on Tuesday after being sidelined with a toe injury the past few weeks. (Rod Walker)