“Fred (Warner) brings the type of leadership and energy every day that our defense and team feeds off. He earned this extension through hard work, discipline and the professional way he goes about his business,” said Lynch, via Matt Maiocco.
Lynch added that they were eager to get a deal done ahead of training camp.
“We’re extremely excited to have completed a long-term contract extension with Fred prior to the start of training camp,” Lynch said, via NFL.com.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports the situation between QB Aaron Rodgers and the team hasn’t changed since May and he’s unsure if Rodgers will be at training camp.
- An NFC executive tells Fansided’s Matt Lombardo he believes Rodgers wants a new deal, but one that has an out for him sooner than the three years he’s currently under contract for: “He wants to get some sort of deal done. But, he wants years off his deal, so he can pull a Tom Brady and be the next guy to try to go elsewhere to win a championship.”
- Ultimately, this person thinks Rodgers reports to the team and then is traded this coming offseason: “Aaron will show up on time. Or very soon after camp begins so that everyone can be happy, the story can drop, and the Packers will have one more year with him before getting the chance to trade him to the highest-bidder.”
- The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman says to keep an eye on seventh-round RB Kylin Hill for the Packers’ No. 3 running back job.
- Even after missing the past two years due to injury and opt-out, Schneidman noted Packers WR Devin Funchess looked to be in great shape from a physique perspective and he has a chance to make the team and have a role.
- Based on how Packers LT David Bakhtiari was moving around during OTAs, Schneidman hazards a guess that he will be ready to start Week 1 coming off a torn ACL last December.
- Schneidman gives the early edge at right guard to veteran Packers OL Lucas Patrick but notes that second-year sixth-round OL Jon Runyan could give him a strong challenge for the starting job.