“I’m holding out hope for the Rams,” Shanahan said, via Pro Football Talk. “I know Dr. Sherm thinks he’s got a chance this week, and I’ve been around him enough that that’s why I don’t count him out on that. My goal is hopefully to get him back by the Rams, but I won’t rule him out for anything because of how his prognosis is.”
- Shanahan said that S Jaquiski Tartt will not be returning this season due to turf toe. Another player who may miss the remainder of the season is CB K’Waun Williams who suffered a high ankle sprain. (Matt Barrows)
- 49ers WR Kendrick Bourne has been cleared to travel with the team to the Saints after being activated on Friday. However, 49ers GM John Lynch is “not too encouraged” by WR Deebo Samuel (hamstring) for Week 10. (Cam Inman)
- 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo confirmed that he does not require surgery on his high-ankle sprain after visiting foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay last week. (Cam Inman)
- Inman adds that the 49ers plan on resting Garoppolo before testing his ankle and then decide on whether surgery is an option.
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said veteran CB Richard Sherman practiced throughout the week but has been ruled out of Week 10. Shanahan added that he expects Sherman to return after the 49ers’ Week 11 bye. (Matt Barrows)
- OUT for Week 10: RB Tevin Coleman (knee), LB Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles (hamstring), WR Deebo Samuel (hamstring), CB K’Waun Williams (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: WR River Cracraft (quadricep), WR Trent Taylor (back)
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said newly signed CB Johnathan Joseph can play as an outside and inside cornerback.
“The good thing about Johnathan Joseph, he’s not just a perimeter corner,” Keim said, via Darren Urban of the team’s official site. “He can play the nickel, can play inside and outside, he has a ton of versatility. He really plays well in the zone. He’s a guy who brings a lot of flexibility for us. He also is a good tackler in space.”
When asked about some of Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury‘s questionable playcalling decisions in Week 9’s loss to the Dolphins, Keim said he will never question Kingsbury’s choices.
“I’m never in position where I feel like I need to question coach Kingsbury,” Keim said. “He was hired for a reason. He is a brilliant football mind in my opinion and I have a lot of faith in his playcalling. I have full confidence in him. If the ball is in two people’s hands at the end of the game, I’m always going to bet on Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury.”
As for Cardinals K Zane Gonzalez missing a field goal in Week 9, Keim said he expects the kicker to “bounce back” in Week 10.
“Kickers can be streaky,” Keim said. “He’s made big kicks for us as well,” Keim added. “I expect him to bounce back this week.”
- Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said they will test RB Kenyan Drake (ankle) prior to Sunday’s game before deciding on his availability: “We want to make sure he feels good pregame and can do what he does best. If not, he won’t go.” (Kyle Odegard)
- OUT for Week 10: DT Leki Fotu (ankle), G Justin Murray (hand), DT Jordan Phillips (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: S Budda Baker (groin), RB Kenyan Drake (ankle), CB Dre Kirkpatrick (thigh), S Deionte Thompson (knee), TE Maxx Williams (ankle)
After some time off to “recharge the batteries” during the Rams’ bye week, QB Jared Goff is eager to get on the field against the Seahawks this week and put a nightmarish performance against the Dolphins in the rearview mirror.
“You want to get back and get playing, especially after a result you don’t love. . . . The bye week coupled with a home game against a division [opponent] gets us going, gets us excited,” Goff said via Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times.
- Rams’ TE Tyler Higbee says the hand contusion he suffered against the 49ers’ finally “feels good.” (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: C Brian Allen (knee), LB Leonard Floyd (knee), LB Terrell Lewis (shoulder)
- Seahawks’ OC Brian Schottenheimer said that C Kyle Fuller would play if C Ethan Pocic is unable to go for their upcoming game: “If Ethan doesn’t play, Kyle Fuller is a guy that we’ve got a lot of confidence in. I thought he had an unbelievable training camp. Probably one of the most improved players that we had.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Schottenheimer said they expect the Rams’ to put CB Jalen Ramsey on WR DK Metcalf as they did in their last matchup: “It’s a sign of respect. Any time you get a chance to go up against one of the best corners in the league — which Jalen is certainly that — it’s a sign of respect.” (Brady Henderson)
- Seahawks’ DT Damon Harrison moved his family with him to Seattle and wasn’t looking for another opportunity despite not playing right away: “We knew it was going to process so that’s why I’ve been OK with it just working from the ground up. I wanted to be here all offseason. I had a good idea of where I was gonna end up and I felt like it was gonna be here.” (Crabtree)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said RBs Chris Carson (foot) and Carlos Hyde (hamstring) were able to participate in Friday’s practice and have a chance to play in Week 10. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll said Seahawks CB Neiko Thorpe is ready for Week 10 after being designated to return from injured reserve earlier this week. (Crabtree)
- Carroll also mentioned that Seahawks’ veteran G Mike Iupati (back) is ready to play but DE Benson Mayowa is not fully recovered from his high-ankle sprain. (Crabtree)
- OUT for Week 10: CB Shaquill Griffin (concussion, hamstring), DT Bryan Mone (ankle), C Ethan Pocic (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: RB Chris Carson (foot), CB Quinton Dunbar (knee), WR Penny Hart (knee), RB Carlos Hyde (hamstring), DE Benson Mayowa (ankle), DE Alton Robinson (illness), WR Freddie Swain (foot), LB K.J. Wright (ankle)