- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said that rookie DL Kentavius Street, who is working his way back from an ACL tear, could start practicing this week even though he can’t play in games: “He’s ready to go. He’s been working his tail off and he’s been lifting too many weights. No, you can’t lift too many or be too big.” (Cam Inman)
- Shanahan acknowledged that there will be making decisions made on whether NT Earl Mitchell, WR Pierre Garcon, and LB Malcolm Smith will be part of the team in 2019: “Those guys understand the business. They understand how it works.” (Eric Branch)
- According to Tom Pelissero, 49ers QBs coach Rich Scangarello is a name that’s circulating as an offensive coordinator candidate worth watching in the coming months.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said Monday that TE Austin Hooper‘s injury is not a long-term issue and he has not been ruled out this week. (Vaughn McClure)
- According to Quinn, he could still see a scenario where they re-sign RB Tevin Coleman next year and keep him and Devonta Freeman as their running back tandem of the future. (Vaughn McClure)
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press says he would be surprised if franchise DE Ziggy Ansah (shoulder) plays another snap for the Lions.
- We have Ansah featured in our Top 25 – 2019 NFL Free Agents list.
- The Lions are hosting DL Alec James for a tryout on Tuesday. (Brett Tessler)