- Per the Athletic’s Matt Barrows, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said DE Dee Ford wouldn’t practice Wednesday but he did not suffer a setback with his hamstring injury.
- 49ers TE George Kittle did not practice on Wednesday because of an ankle injury.
- SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano confirmed new Giants HC Joe Judge discussed the vacancy at offensive coordinator with former Browns HC Freddie Kitchens and last year’s Giants OC Mike Shula.
- Judge is also expected to discuss a potential position with former Dolphins OC Chad O’Shea, as the two were friends on New England’s staff.
- Other potential candidates for OC or other positions on staff include former Cowboys HC Jason Garrett, former Redskins OL coach Bill Callahan, former Jaguars OC John DeFilippo and even former Redskins HC Jay Gruden.
- According to the Athletic’s Dan Duggan, the assistant head coach title the Giants gave new DC Patrick Graham is not why he was able to come over from the Dolphins. Miami HC Brian Flores chose to let Graham leave.
- Giants co-owner John Mara would support Judge hiring Garrett, an experienced coach, as his offensive coordinator, though he’s letting Judge pick his staff: “It’s going to be critical that he builds the right staff, because again, he’s a first-year head coach. Having experienced people on both sides of the ball is going to be critical.”
- Giants OLB coach Mike Dawson, offensive assistant Ryan Roeder and DB coach Everett Withers will not be retained in 2020. (Duggan)
- The Giants will not retain assistant DBs coach Henry Baker. (Art Stapleton)
- The Giants also won’t retain RB coach Craig Johnson. (Ryan Dunleavy)
- Former Falcons defensive passing game coordinator Jerome Henderson is an option for the Giants secondary coach vacancy. (Adam Caplan)
- According to ESPN’s Lindsey Thiry, the Rams never had interest in Texas RB coach Stan Drayton for their vacancy at the position.