- Matt Maiocco of NBC Bay Area writes that veteran WR Pierre Garcon is unlikely to be back with the 49ers in 2019, as the team will look to get “younger, faster and more cost-effective” at the position.
- According to Maiocco, the 49ers are unlikely to use their first-round pick on a receiver. Instead, Maiocco believes an edge rusher is more likely for them in round one.
- Potential second-round receiver targets for San Francisco, according to Maiocco, include A.J. Brown (Ole Miss), J.J. Arcego-Whiteside (Stanford), D.K. Metcalf (Ole Miss), Kelvin Harmon (N.C. State) and N’Keal Harry (Arizona State).
- The Carolina Panthers officially ruled out K Graham Gano (left knee) for Week 15’s game against the Saints and list DT Kawann Short (calf) as doubtful.
- The New Orleans Saints officially ruled out OT Terron Armstead (pectoral) for Monday’s game against the Panthers.