- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports the 49ers received positive news on the injury to QB Jimmy Garoppolo, who is being described as day-to-day with a high-ankle injury.
- Rapoport adds that while he has a chance to play this week, it is more likely the team proceeds with backup QB Nick Mullens in Week 3, allowing Garoppolo time to recover and return in Week 4.
- Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle says DE Ezekiel Ansah‘s patience during free agency paid off as the 49ers’ will now bring him in to help replace DEs Nick Bosa and Solomon Thomas who are both out for the season with a torn ACL. Ansah didn’t sign with San Francisco until his third visit.
- Per ESPN’s Lindsey Thiry, Rams’ HC Sean McVay said RB Malcolm Brown should be available to play with a fractured pinky finger. As for rookie RB Cam Akers, he is suffering from separated rib cartilage and could still play in Week 3 despite being listed as day-to-day.
- Another blow comes in the form of LG Joseph Noteboom‘s injury, which is a calf strain that will keep him out of Week 3 and could see him wind up on injured reserve.
- Seahawks’ HC Pete Carroll says the team needs to give WR Phillip Dorsett “a break” due to his foot issue and that “he’s not a part of this game plan.” Carroll also expects to have an update on DE Rasheem Green on Wednesday, after he suffered a stinger in Week 2. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll also mentioned the loss of S Quandre Diggs who had come up big for the Seahawks so far in 2020: “Losing Quandre was a big deal to us. He has been a fantastic player for us in the short time we’ve had him. We didn’t respond as well as we’d like to. There were just some plays that got away (from us) on a really good throwing team.” (Crabtree)
- Rookie DE Alton Robinson will be active for Week 3, according to Carroll. (John Boyle)
- Carroll also mentioned the talent of QB Russell Wilson, who recently said he is the best quarterback in the NFL, adding that his pass protection has been a big factor: “He’s as big a threat as he’s ever been.” (Boyle)
- Defensive backs Jamal Adams and Tre Flowers both sustained dislocated fingers on Sunday night against the Patriots, but Carroll says that neither will miss Week 3. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll also addressed rookie LB Jordyn Brooks‘ play against New England: “We were trying to bring him along slowly. Maybe now we have to get him a little more work.” (Condotta)
- It was also confirmed by Carroll that both DB Marquise Blair and DE Bruce Irvin will require season-ending surgery, who called it a“really a big blow.” (Brady Henderson)
- Injuries to the offensive line include LT Duane Brown who has a sore foot and OT Cedric Ogbuehi, who has a pectoral injury.
- Carroll says there are people in the Seahawks’ organization who are attempting to find if the lack of preseason games has contributed to the amount of injuries being suffered so far this season. Initial thoughts are leaning towards the two being related but that they will look at the data before deciding if that is the case. (Michael-Shawn Dugar)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!