- Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports expects 49ers RB Jeff Wilson to retain his roster spot once RB Tevin Coleman returns, given that he’s scored four touchdowns in two games and would likely be claimed by another team if waived.
- As for 49ers RB Jerick McKinnon‘s status on the team, Maicco believes San Francisco will approach McKinnon about a one-year contract after this season at a “greatly reduced price” from his $6.5 million base salary in 2020.
- Maiocco points out that 49ers’ second-year CB Emmanuel Moseley is the favorite to start in place of CB Ahkello Witherspoon, who is expected to miss a month due to a sprained foot.
- Although Maiocco writes that he would “never rule out” the 49ers trading players for draft picks, he does not see any “reasonable trade options” on San Francisco’s roster.
Rams DT Aaron Donald, who only has one sack this season, said he has to “get myself going” and is hoping to produce more going forward.
“When plays present themselves, I can’t miss ’em. I got to make ’em,” Donald said, via Gary Klein of the LA Times. “So it’s good to have one, but I’ve got to get myself going. I’m trying to produce a little bit more.”
Donald believes that the production from his teammates will eventually take attention off of him with teams double-teaming him this season.
“It’s going to eventually open me back up,” said Donald. “As long as somebody’s making the plays, and making ’em pay for it, we’re going to be fine.”
- Courtney Cronin notes that Vikings’ practice squad FB Khari Blasingame is now making $25,882 per week after receiving $15,000 each week.
- Vikings waived DB Nate Meadors. (NFLTR)
- Vikings promoted WR Davion Davis to their active roster.