- Bears HC John Fox said that they could get ILB Danny Trevathan back for Week 13: “I thought he looked good today. Anytime you have a starter out it can be problematic. We could potentially have him back this week.” (Brad Biggs)
- According to Howard Balzer, the Chicago Bears worked out three receivers including WR Mekale McKay, WR Canaan Severin and WR Rodney Smith.
- Giants owner John Mara explained that he initiated talks with GM Jerry Reese about taking a look at the team’s other quarterbacks and benching Eli Manning. (Tom Rock)
Mara admitted that he was surprised by the reaction from the fanbase yesterday: “I expected an emotional reaction from fans. It’s been in excess of what I expected. Given what he has meant to our franchise it’s understandable.” (Tom Rock)
- Interestingly enough, Mara said he wouldn’t write Manning’s obituary just yet: “I don’t think you should be writing his obituary yet. A lot of things can change. We obviously have some tough decisions to make before the start of next year.” (Tom Rock)
- According to Mara, there have been no conversations with Manning about waiving his no-trade clause. (Tom Rock)
- As for HC Ben McAdoo, Mara said “there are no guarantees in life” when asked about him being safe for the remainder of the year. (Tom Rock)
- Mara called the talk of the team tanking “complete bullshit.” (James Kratch)
- Despite having ties to the University of Tennessee, Ian Rapoport reports that Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter won’t interview for their head-coaching vacancy and will instead focus on Detroit.
- According to Rapoport, Cooter is hoping to eventually be hired as an NFL coach.