Bears QB Mitch Trubisky said he embraced being on the scout team in practice and attempted passes that he normally wouldn’t try while participating with the first-team.
“I feel like I was progressing as a player. I was in a space where I wanted to push myself and continue to get better,” said Trubsiky, via Kevin Fishbain.
- Bears HC Matt Nagy said OT Jason Spriggs has done well this season and could start at left tackle in Week 12 if Charles Leno (toe) is unable to play: “I think that Spriggs is doing a good job.” (Jim Owczarski)
- Nagy mentioned that DT Akiem Hicks (hamstring) and LT Charles Leno (toe) will be game-time decisions for Week 12. (Jeff Dickerson)
- Bears QB Nick Foles (hip) is still scheduled to travel to Green Bay for Sunday’s game, but Tyler Bray would be Chicago’s primary backup to Mitch Trubsky if Foles is unable to suit up. (Jeff Dickerson)
- Robert Mays of The Athletic lists the Bears at the No. 4 best landing spot for Jets QB Sam Darnold should he be traded next year.
- Albert Breer of SI.com has heard that the Bears are probably the only job Northwestern HC Pat Fitzgerald would consider at this point. Albert Breer of SI.com thinks the Colts might decide to bring back QB Philip Rivers back in 2021, considering that they’ve demonstrated they can win with him and he knows the system in and out.
- The Bears are hosting DT Tyler Clark for a visit this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 12: QB Nick Foles (hip)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: T Rashaad Coward (ankle, knee), DT Akiem Hicks (hamstring), T Charles Leno (toe), S Sherrick McManis (hand), CB Buster Skrine (ankle)
Lions QB Matthew Stafford refused to comment on HC Matt Patricia‘s job security following their 41-25 loss to the Texans.
“It’s not my decision,” Stafford said, via ProFootballTalk. “That’s for somebody else. If you want to ask me about the game, you ask me about the game.”
Lions TE T.J. Hockenson said that Patricia’s job is a front-office decision and is grateful that the coach selected him in the 2019 NFL Draft.
“Obviously, I can’t say,” Hockenson said. “I’m not going to comment on somebody else’s job. I’m just here to do mine, obviously. Matt Patricia gave me a chance to come into this organization. So, for that, I owe him. Obviously, that’s up to the front office — all that other stuff. You guys can talk about that, but he’s still my head coach. He’s still my head coach. If he’s not, he’s still the guy that gave me an opportunity to be a Detroit Lion. So, for that, I’ll forever be grateful.”
Patricia said he is taking things “one day at a time” when asked about being in the coaching hot seat.
“I focus on one day at a time,” Patricia said. “That hasn’t changed. So, we’ll focus on today and go from there.”
Patricia added he is not considering how the Lions’ 4-7 relates to his job security and is focused on the team.
“My thoughts are really just with the team here today and what we were trying to do here today,” said Patricia. “It doesn’t go beyond that, it’s what I focus on. I focus on the team. I focus on those guys that go out on that field, those guys that are in that locker room and try to give them everything I can to give them a chance to go be successful. That’s the focus. It never changes, it is what it is.”
- The Lions are hosting free agent DB Alexander Myres for a visit. (Albert Breer)The
- The Lions are working out G Evan Brown. (Aaron Wilson)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said he is hopeful that WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (Achilles) will play in Week 12: “We’re hopeful. He’ll be listed as questionable. … We’ll see how he feels on Sunday.” (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: RB Tyler Ervin (wrist, ribs), CB Josh Jackson (concussion), CB Kevin King (Achilles), C Corey Linsley (back), WR Equanimeous St. Brown (knee), WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (Achilles)
- Jeremy Fowler reports that Vikings WR Adam Thielen is not expected to play in Sunday’s game given he is still on the COVID-19 list.
- OUT for Week 12: G Dennis Daley (concussion)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 12: CB Donte Jackson (toe)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: S Sam Franklin (ankle), DE Marquis Haynes (shoulder), RB Christian McCaffrey (shoulder), G John Miller (knee, ankle), T Russell Okung (calf), LB Tahir Whitehead (rib), WR Brandon Zylstra (shoulder)