- Adam Schefter reports that Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky visited Dr. El Attrache in Los Angeles on Thursday afternoon for further evaluation on his right shoulder and it was determined that surgery is not needed. Trubisky will instead continue to rehab in Chicago with the team and Schefter says he’s considered week to week. (Brad Biggs)
- On Friday, Bears HC Matt Nagy announced that Trubisky is out for Sunday’s game at Tennessee. Although, Nagy said he does not see him being placed on injured reserve.
- The Bears will have Tyler Bray as their backup to Nick Foles this week.
- The Chicago Bears are bringing in veteran G Eric Kush for a visit this week, according to Aaron Wilson.
- OUT for Week 9: DT John Jenkins (ankle), C Sam Mustipher (knee), DT Roy Robertson-Harris (shoulder), QB Mitchell Trubisky (right shoulder)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: TE Cole Kmet (groin)
- Lions QB Chase Daniel told reporters that he’s preparing to start in Week 9, but he’s still unsure if Matthew Stafford will be activated from the COVID-19 list: “All I know is I’m preparing to start.” (Michael Rothstein)
- OUT for Week 9: WR Jamal Agnew (ribs), WR Kenny Golladay (hip), S Tracy Walker (foot)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: G Joe Dahl (back), LB Christian Jones (knee), CB Darryl Roberts (hip, groin), T Halapoulivaati Vaitai (foot)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said with rookie QB Jordan Love being placed on the COVID-19 list, they will take extra precautions with their quarterback room: “We can’t afford to lose a room. Spacing out is going to be a priority, masking up is going to be a priority; it has been.” (Rob Demovsky)
- LaFleur offered som praise for Elgton Jenkins, who wound up playing three different positions during Thursday’s game due to injury: “That is unheard of, I think, in this league.” (Matt Schneidman)
- LaFleur says they are “hopeful” to get LT David Bakhtiari back next week: “We’ll see where David is at on Monday.” (Ryan Wood)
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer told reporters he was surprised to see how former DE Everson Griffen interpreted his recent comments.
“I did [see Griffen’s comments]. I don’t know,” Zimmer said, per Andrew Krammer. “I wasn’t trying to be derogatory. I think I made him a captain my first or second year here. He’s always been a terrific leader for us, always done everything we tried to ask him to do.
“I thought we had a good relationship. I don’t feel like I was being derogatory at all. I think Everson understands how I feel about him. I thought he did, anyway.”
- Zimmer didn’t sound optimistic about OL Pat Elflein (thumb/IR) returning this season: “We’ll just continue to see how he’s doing. He hasn’t practiced much, so we’ll see.” (Andrew Krammer)
- Chris Tomasson reports that the plan at this point for the Vikings is to not activate guard Pat Elflein off injured reserve this week and to elevate center Brett Jones off the practice squad for a second straight game.
- OUT for Week 9: CB Cameron Dantzler (concussion), CB Mark Fields (chest), CB Holton Hill (foot)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: CB Harrison Hand (hamstring)