- Per Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, Lions WR Kenny Golladay is “pretty sure” he and the team will work out a contract extension before the start of the season.
- Lions TE T.J. Hockenson noted recovering from his ankle injury was challenging this offseason, particularly with conditioning, and he doesn’t think it’s back to 100 percent yet. (Kyle Meinke)
- Lions first-round CB Jeffrey Okudah worked mostly behind Desmond Trufant and Amani Oruwariye on the first team at his first padded practice as the team eases him in. (Meinke)
- Matt Schneidman of The Athletic expects Packers RB Aaron Jones to be in higher use this season given Green Bay wants to run the ball more than their 42-percent average last year.
- Schneidman believes Packers RB Jamaal Williams‘ roster spot is in jeopardy after they drafted second-round RB AJ Dillon and could free up $2.1 million in cap space by cutting him.
- Schneidman could see the Packers fetching a late-round pick in exchange for Williams should they look to trade him.
- As for Packers RB Dexter Williams, Schneigman expects him to get cut given RB Tyler Ervin is guaranteed a roster spot as their kickoff and punt return specialist.
- Regarding the Packers’ receiving corps, Schneidman writes that their coaching staff is hopeful that Allen Lazard can fill the No. 2 role, while Marquez Valdes-Scantling stays healthy and remains productive.
- At tight end, Schneidman anticipates Robert Tonyan becoming the primary receiving option even when second-year TE Jace Sternberger is healthy, given that Tonyan is the only “proven reliable pass-catcher” in their position group.
- Packers OT Rick Wagner started practice Monday at right tackle. (Schneidman)
- According to Nick Korte of Over The Cap, Bengals CB Trae Waynes‘ pectoral injury that will cost him a major chunk of the season likely drops the compensatory pick Minnesota was slated to receive from a third to a fourth-round pick.
- Vikings first-round CB Jeff Gladney was scaled back at practice because his knee “flared up on him,” per HC Mike Zimmer. Gladney had offseason surgery on his meniscus. (Andrew Krammer)
- Vikings G Pat Elflein said he was on board with the decision to move from left to right guard: “I feel good. I’m excited to compete. Versatility is a big thing in this league.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Elflein is hanging on for a roster spot as he enters the final year of his contract but isn’t trying to change everything about his approach: “You just have to be the same person every day. … That’s what I’m going to keep doing. … It starts in practice. I just worry about one day at a time and getting better each day.” (Tomasson)
- Vikings G Dakota Dozier took the first reps with the starters on Monday at left guard. With DE Danielle Hunter also out of practice, the defensive line starters were Ifeadi Odenigbo, Jaleel Johnson, Shamar Stephen and Jalyn Holmes. (Arif Hasan)
- Vikings CB Mike Hughes said his neck injury last year was a little crack in a bone. Fortunately, it healed on its own and Hughes says he’s fine now. (Tomasson)
- Hughes added he’s comfortable playing either outside or in the slot: “I anticipate playing both positions… Wherever the coaches feel I’ll be best, I’ll roll with it.” (Tomasson)
- Vikings worked out The Vikings had tryouts/workouts today for S Jahleel Addae, LB Hardy Nickerson and LB Derrick Moncrief, according to Aaron Wilson.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!