- The Draft Network’s Justin Melo reports the Bears are scheduled to bring in Montana State DE Daniel Hardy for a top 30 visit.
- SDSU QB Chris Oladokun had visits with the Bears and the Eagles. Oladokun has met with the Bears twice so far in the pre-draft process. (Doug Kyed)
- Pitt CB Damarri Mathis has a top 30 visit coming up with the Bears. (Jordan Schultz)
Trust is what Packers QB Aaron Rodgers values the most between himself and his wide receivers, which is why young wideouts have struggled to make an instant impact with Rodgers throughout his career. It takes time to build up that connection but the Packers may not have that luxury. It looks like they’ll be relying heavily on the draft to rebuild a receiving corps that lost Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.
“I know there were times [my rookie year] when he probably hated having me on the field. Like, ‘Why do they have this guy out here?’” said Cobb via the Athletic’s Matt Schneidman. “Of course there were growing pains. I don’t think it was until my second year that I actually had his trust. But that’s how it goes. It takes time. It’s not something that can happen overnight; it’s something that grows over the course of years.
“If you’re not in the place you’re supposed to be when he’s expecting you to be there, you’re going to mess him up, you’re going to mess up our offense, you’re going to throw things off. When it comes down to it, he’s our guy. He’s going to be out there, he wants the guys that he can trust out there, the guys that he knows are going to be in the place they’re supposed to. Just being able to communicate with him and understand what he wants from us is big for receivers.”
- The Athletic’s Chad Graff mentions the Vikings’ new coaching staff thinks it can get more out of C Garrett Bradbury, as they like his athleticism and mobility.
- Graff expects Vikings OL Oli Udoh to go back to being the backup swing tackle, though he’s not completely out of the mix to start at right guard.
- The narrative with the Vikings is that the new regime is essentially doing the same thing as the old, and Graff points to the extension of WR Adam Thielen as the type of kick the can down the road move former GM Rick Spielman and HC Mike Zimmer did.
- He does note the mood in the team building seems to be much more upbeat with new GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and HC Kevin O’Connell, but it’s April and they haven’t lost a game yet.