- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said of suspended RB Doug Martin: “I’m a Doug Martin fan but when you know you’re not gonna have him for 3 weeks, how do you do the reps?” (Rick Stroud)
- Koetter said he’s had conversations with free agent LB Darryl Smith and Smith told him he never planned on playing this long. (Rick Stroud)
- According to Koetter, they most likely will bring in four quarterbacks for training camp. (Rick Stroud)
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said this year’s draft has some very talented arms but there’s only one guy he feels is ready to play right away. Unfortunately, Arians didn’t say who this player is. (Pat McManamon)
- In regards to drafting a quarterback, Arians said: “It would be one of the best situations for a young quarterback to walk into… for as long as it takes.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Interestingly enough, Arians doesn’t think next season will be QB Carson Palmer‘s last in the NFL. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Arians confirmed that RB Andre Ellington will return as a wide receiver in 2017. (Darren Urban)
- According to Arians, Evan Boehm will open OTAs as the starting right guard. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said he expects LB Mychal Kendricks to be on the roster at the start of the season, despite reports that he’s available for trade. (Jimmy Kempski)
- Pederson did say that he expects veteran C Jason Kelce to be on the team, despite the trade rumors involving him this offseason. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Pederson mentioned that the left guard job is open for competition. He added that Isaac Seumalo and Allen Barbre will be the main competitors for the job. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- According to Pederson, WR Nelson Agholor could have on a larger special teams role this season. (Zach Berman)
- Jeff McLane mentions that it’s very clear from hearing owner Jeffrey Lurie and Pederson that they will keep Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon on their draft board.
- According to Vikings HC Mike Zimmer, there’s currently no timetable for QB Teddy Bridgewater to return from his knee injury: “There’s no timetable. When he’s ready, he’s ready.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Zimmer added that Bridgewater’s is “getting to where his range of motion is better.” (Chris Tomasson)
- However, Zimmer said he has “no idea” if Bridgewater will play in 2017. (Chris Tomasson)
- Zimmer also made it clear that he wants Bridgewater to be back with the Vikings at some point: “I want Teddy. I don’t want him going somewhere else.” (Chris Tomasson)
- As for his eye issues, Zimmer said he has an eye surgery scheduled on April 17 and another one two months after that. (Chris Tomasson)
- According to Zimmer, they’ll take a look at the available backup quarterback options: “I’m sure we’re going to get something done there.” (Mark Craig)
- Zimmer didn’t rule out bringing in another defensive back to possibly compete at nickelback. (Chris Tomasson)
- Zimmer also said they could still bring in another linebacker after Chad Greenway retired and they lose Audie Cole in free agency. (Chris Tomasson)
- Zimmer confirmed that they might bring in another punter to compete with Taylor Symmank. (Chris Tomasson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!