“I think the lack of, or having a hard time getting the run game going was … you know, Doug just didn’t have … he just wasn’t ever the same,” Licht said. “And it wasn’t until late that Peyton [Barber] kind of arrived and things started going a little bit better with him, starting with the Green Bay game and on and on.”
- Ian Rapoport mentions that if the Cardinals end up hiring Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak as their next head coach, one name to watch for his staff is Steelers OC Todd Haley, who’s currently a free agent.
- The Cardinals are reportedly setting up a second round of interviews starting with Munchak and Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo. (NFLTR)
Saints veteran RT Zach Strief (injured reserve, ACL/MCL) told reporters on Tuesday that he plans to take some time to determine whether he’ll return for the 2018 season or possibly retire.
“Obviously there’s part of you that says, ‘Maybe it’s time,‘” Strief said, via Nick Underhill of the Advocate. “And there’s part of you that says, ‘I don’t want to finish like that.’”
- Nick Underhill reports that Saints DL Mitchell Loewen, who underwent surgery to repair his ankle earlier this season, is now healthy and running again.
- Saints DE Hau’oli Kikaha (ankle) said he is back to full health after being placed on season-ending injured reserve with an ankle injury. (Herbie Teope)
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Seahawks are hiring former Giants assistant Mike Solari as their new OL coach, replacing Tom Cable.