“The tape speaks for itself,” Arians said of White, via Pro Football Talk. “People say we need a pass rusher? He’s pretty good at that. And we do like to blitz up the middle, and quarterbacks don’t like pressure up the middle. He fits everything we want as a human being and a football player. I couldn’t be more excited. I probably said six weeks ago, ‘This is our guy.‘”
- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht explained that kicker is a “very, very important position” for them, which is why they used another draft pick on the position: “You wouldn’t say the same thing for a receiver, if a receiver didn’t work out a couple years ago that you took in the second round, would you be afraid to take a receiver in the fifth round? No. This is a very, very important position.” (ESPN)
- The Athletic’s Greg Auman says Buccaneers CB Ryan Smith might be in trouble, as he’s due $2 million in salary and Tampa Bay just drafted two cornerbacks with high picks.
- Getting players who can run and play multiple schemes for DC Todd Bowles was a priority for the Buccaneers during the draft. (Rick Stroud)
- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said he hasn’t been happy with the play or depth of Tampa Bay’s defensive backs. (Stroud)
- The Buccaneers gave UDFA DT Zack Bailey a $22,500 signing bonus and a $22,500 base salary. (Aaron Wilson)
Eagles GM Howie Roseman called RB Miles Sanders a “front office favorite” who “reminded us of some other players we’ve had around here.”
“Yeah, I’ve seen LeSean McCoy come through Philly and put on,” Sanders said via Pro Football Talk. “He did great for the Eagles, but I’m looking forward to doing even better. Really, I’m just looking forward to coming in and producing and doing whatever I can to help this team get another championship.”
- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, Will Grier was the No. 3 quarterback on the Panthers’ draft board.
- Panthers GM Marty Hurney said he believes QB Cam Newton knew Carolina might draft another quarterback: “No one appreciates depth more than Cam Newton.” (Joe Person)
- Hurney reiterated the move to draft Grier was about depth, not replacing Newton: “This has nothing to do with Cam Newton. Cam Newton is our starting quarterback and our franchise quarterback.” (Max Henson)
- Hurney believes Grier can be an excellent backup: “Helps the depth at the most important position on the team. We like Will. I think he’s got plenty of arm strength. I think he’s got an ‘it’ factor. You can see it.” (Max Henson)