- Greg Auman mentions that while the Buccaneers are “not necessarily” done in free agency, they’re currently focused on Pro Days and pre-draft visits.
- Buccaneers’ new DC Todd Bowles said their additions in LB Deone Buccannon, LB Shaq Barrett, and S Kentrell Brice bring “versatility” to their defense: “All the guys we signed are versatile. That’s big in what we’re trying to do. Versatility, the more you can do, the better you can help the team.” (Greg Auman)
- Although the Eagles have a need at running back, Jeff McLane of The Inquirer believes it’s “less likely” Philadelphia signs a free agent or trades before the draft.
- McLane does, however, expect the Eagles to draft one at some point in the “first three rounds” this year, which would be the first time in Howie Roseman‘s career they select a back in the opening three rounds.
- James Palmer mentions that G Brandon Brooks (Achilles) has shed his walking boot.
Redskins’ veteran RB Adrian Peterson said last year was “just a decent season” and he intends to have a much better 2019 performance.
“I feel like last year was just a decent season, like for me in my mind,” Peterson said, via Kyle Stackpole of the team’s official site. “People were like, ‘Wow, you did incredible, you had 1,000 yards.’ And I’m like, ‘Man, I should have had 15, 16 hundred yards.‘”
Peterson added that he hopes to help Washington win a Super Bowl and wants to have a “way better season“.
“Just coming back and being able to produce and help this team win a championship,” Peterson said. “Be a great leader, not only by how I work but vocally as well. Just come in and have a way better season than I had last year when it comes to contributing and helping that run game be dominant, especially with me and Guice and [Chris Thompson] in the backfield. We should be able to do some amazing things.”