- Buccaneers QB Tom Brady was seen with a sleeve on his left knee during his golf match featuring Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Peyton Manning.
- David Chao explains that the sleeve is something a lot of quarterbacks wear after having ACL surgery and it common for someone in their forties.
- Chao doesn’t think it’s a big deal, especially when you consider that the Buccaneers won’t be asking Brady to do a lot of running for them.
Eagles DB Jalen Mills told Dave Spadaro of PhiladelphiaEagles.com that he is “excited” about the position change to safety this year and plans to embrace the new responsibilities.
“I’ll do whatever for the win,” Mills said. “I embrace the responsibilities.”
“It’s a new position. It’s a new field and it’s going to be new energy,” Mills added.
- Regarding the Saints’ competition at the center position, Larry Holder of The Athletic believes first-round C Cesar Ruiz will secure the starting role with Erik McCoy converting to guard.
- However, Holder could see McCoy continuing as the Saints’ starting center given COVID-19 conditions could prevent Ruiz and Drew Brees from adequately practicing together this offseason.
- As for the Saints’ possible “heir apparent” to Brees, Holder believes HC Sean Payton‘s confidence in Taysom Hill has grown stronger over the past few years and thinks Hill would start over Jameis Winston in 2021.
- Although Holder writes that Winston is still in the mix, he notes that the quarterback is playing under a one-year contract and Hill’s deal runs through 2021. In the end, Payton would also have to restructure the playbook to fit Winston.
- Holder could see Hill receiving a slight “uptick” in snaps played next season, but does not anticipate Brees splitting snaps with either Hill or Winston for 2020.
- As for Saints third-round TE Adam Trautman, Holder writes that it could be difficult for Trautman to gain a big role in the offense if TEs Jared Cook and Josh Hill remain healthy.
- Holder writes that new Saints WR/RB Ty Montgomery could have a similar role to Alvin Kamara as a receiver out of the backfield, but must first make New Orleans’ active roster.