Tagging Jarrett would cost the Falcons around $15.5 million fully guaranteed for the 2019 season and Atlanta has maintained that signing him to a long-term deal is a top priority for them this offseason.
- New Packers HC Matt LaFleur said of the decision to retain DC Mike Pettine: “I’ve gone against his defenses before. I think they present a lot of challenges for offenses. And the fact that he’s been a head coach and he’s sat in this seat, it really affords you an opportunity to bounce ideas off of him.” (Michael Cohen)
- As for the decision to hire Nathaniel Hackett as offensive coordinator, LaFleur said: “He’s a guy that I’ve gotten to know over the years throughout the combine. … There was a comfort factor. I know what he’s all about as a man. And again, it comes back to being a high-character individual.” (Michael Cohen)
- LaFleur said the decision to bring back Luke Getsy as QBs coach wasn’t solely to appease Aaron Rodgers: “It didn’t have to be a guy who worked with Aaron. We’re going to find the best QB coach out there. I liked he played QB in college. I reached out to Aaron and a couple other guys …everybody gave him a thumbs up.” (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- LaFleur said of working with Rodgers: “We have three quarterback guys hitting him from all angles. I’m going to be involved a lot. I’m the play-caller and I will be in there as much as possible. I don’t ever foresee missing a quarterback meeting.” (Tom Silverstein)
- The Green Bay Packers announced Monday that they’ve promoted Chris Gizzi from assistant to strength and conditioning coordinator.
- The Packers also demoted coordinator Mark Lovat has been demoted to assistant and retained assistants Thadeus Jackson and Grant Thorne.