Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians had no shortage of criticisms following Tampa Bay’s 34-23 loss to the Saints on Sunday. Included in that bunch was veteran LT Donovan Smith who gave up quite a bit of pressure on QB Tom Brady. Arians, who’s infamously blunt, didn’t mince words.
“I was very disappointed in his play,” Arians said via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. “I think every now and then he reverts back to some techniques that aren’t very good. He got beat. He had probably the easiest guy to block up there and he did a poor job.”
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler writes Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin isn’t afraid to play out his deal and negotiate through the franchise tag with the target of at least $20 million a year.
- Fowler adds Tampa Bay is focused on keeping its window open and keeping Godwin is a big part of that.
- Despite talking for weeks, Fowler says the Buccaneers haven’t closed the gap on an extension for LB Lavonte David yet but it could happen soon.
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Schultz, the Falcons have not expressed any interest in bringing back WR Mohamed Sanu.
- It’s worth mentioning Atlanta’s No. 3 receiver and Sanu replacement, Russell Gage, caught nine passes for 114 yards Sunday.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said the team will continue to divide the reps at left guard between James Carpenter and third-round rookie Matt Hennessy. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Quinn said he didn’t have any updates about when CB Kendall Sheffield would come back but he said the team definitely missed him against the Seahawks. (Tori McElhaney)
- The Atlanta Falcons brought in DT Ricky Walker, DT David Moa, and WR Laquon Treadwell for visits on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler writes Panthers RT Taylor Moton is a strong extension candidate as Carolina wants to keep him long-term.
- The Carolina Panthers brought in WR Cody White and T Aaron Monteiro for visits on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler says Saints RT Ryan Ramczyk is on the way to establishing himself as the best right tackle in the NFL this season and that means he’ll likely get paid like that this offseason.
- Fowler mentions the Saints tried to sign CB Marshon Lattimore before the start of the season, but couldn’t get it done. Now the market has gone over $20 million per year.
- Saints’ HC Sean Payton discussed the elbow injury suffered by DE Marcus Davenport: “Look it’s gonna be soon here Davenport’s back. … He’s got an injury that if you try to hustle him back too early, it’ll be out for a lot longer. We’re gonna be making the right decisions regarding his health.” (Amie Just)