“I didn’t even really know about it in the moment…I just listen to Coach [Tom] Moore. He said, ‘I’ll keep counting for you Rob, and you just keep catching.’ I said, ‘I like that one. I’ll just keep catching.’ That’s what I’ll do,” he said via NFL Media’s Michael Giardi.
- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said S Jordan Whitehead (labrum) practiced at full speed on Wednesday and is expected to play in Week 2. (Greg Auman)
- According to Aaron Wilson, the Falcons worked out OL Jake Eldrenkamp, OL Danny Isidora, OL Patrick Omameh, DL Mike Pennel, and OL Bryan Witzmann.
- Isidora, Pennel and Witzmann were signed to the practice squad.
- New Panthers K Zane Gonzalez said his June workout with the team was “pretty much perfect” but at the time the team was confident in K Joey Slye. (Joe Person)
- Former Panthers K Ryan Santoso cleared waivers and is now a free agent. (Person)
Saints’ recently acquired CB Bradley Roby points out that he has several college teammates alongside him in New Orleans.
“I could have gone to a team where I didn’t know anyone, it could have been weird or whatever,” Roby said, via John DeShazier of the team’s official site. “But coming to this team and I know a lot of the guys already, it just seems like a seamless fit. We have high standards coming from Ohio State, and nothing changes.”
Roby added that the Saints’ system is the perfect fit for him given they play a lot of man and press coverage
“I think it fits perfect,” Roby said. “They play a lot of man coverage here, that’s what I do. I’ve made a career on that. I play zone also, but I just love to press and get into guys at the line of scrimmage and bump and run early. That’s what I like to do, I think that’s a strength of mine, I think it fits well and I’m excited for sure.”
Roby called being acquired by the Saints a “blessing” given they are a contending team in the NFC South.
“As soon as I heard the Saints, I just thought about all the guys I know here, we train in the offseason – (receiver) Mike Thomas, Marshon, (running back) Alvin (Kamara),” Roby said. “As soon as I heard that and heard the Saints, I was just like, ‘What a blessing, because we’re playing for something here.’ And it’s not that Houston’s not playing for anything, it’s just a different level right now, in my opinion.