- If the Bills end up releasing QB Tyrod Taylor this offseason, Joe Person mentions that he could be a fit for the Panthers’ backup quarterback job, given that Taylor would be a “mini-me version” of Cam Newton. Person admits that this is a longshot, as he’ll likely be looking for a starting opportunity.
- Some other free agent options, according to Person, include Teddy Bridgewater and Josh McCown.
- Should the Panthers prefer to look to the draft for a backup, Person suggests Mike White, Riley Ferguson and J.T. Barrett.
- Mike Triplett of ESPN expects the Saints and QB Drew Brees to agree to another short-term contract or at least a deal that includes just one year’s worth of guaranteed salary.
- Triplett says that if Brees were to test the open market, the bidding could get “outrageous.” However, Brees has made it clear that he expects to be back with the Saints and finish out his career in New Orleans.
- If a quality backup opportunity doesn’t surface for Chase Daniel where he would have a better shot to see playing time, Triplett could see him returning to the Saints.
- As for the draft, Triplett doesn’t think the Saints have the right kind of draft capital to land a top quarterback this year. With this in mind, Triplett could see them considering a mid-round quarterback like when they used a third-round pick on Garrett Grayson back in 2015.