- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said G Ali Marpet will try to “do some stuff” in Saturday’s practice, but has experienced lingering concussion symptoms. (Greg Auman)
- Arians added that Marpet will get cleared if he is “symptom-free” from his concussion, but they must focus on preparing their other offensive linemen: “He’s going to try to do some stuff tonight. We’ll see how much. If he’s symptom-free, let’s keep going. It’s Catch 22 because we’ve got to get the other guys ready, too,” per Rick Stroud.
- Auman mentions that Marpet could still be cleared for Monday night’s game against the Rams.
“He’s been able to do everything we’ve asked him to do this week,” Ryan said. “I haven’t seen anything from him from a functional standpoint that’s been hurt by it. When he’s been asked to perform his job, he’s done it. So, it’s been good in that way.”
Lions HC Matt Patricia said recently signed practice squad WR Mohamed Sanu has “been awesome” for them since adding him earlier this month.
“Mohamed Sanu’s been awesome,” said Patricia. “I’ve obviously competed against him for a long time. I have the utmost respect for him as a player, competitor. Everything that he brings every single day has been great. It’s been great to be around, and I think he’s worked really hard, obviously, just trying to learn as fast as he can in our system and really just learn the team and go out and work every single day.”
As for Lions RB D’Andre Swift (concussion), Patricia said they are doing their “due diligence” to make sure the running back properly recovers.
“Obviously with concussion protocols and kind of how all that stuff comes about, probably not going to get too much into too many specifics with it,” Patricia said. “It was just something that came up and we wanted to make sure we were doing our due diligence there to make sure he was OK.”
- The Lions officially ruled out DL Da’Shawn Hand (groin) and DE Austin Bryant (thigh) from Sunday’s game. (Tim Twentyman)
- Lions promoted WR Mohamed Sanu and DT Frank Herron to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- The Packers announced that P JK Scott did not travel with the team to Indianapolis due to a personal matter and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game.
- Green Bay also listed CB Kevin King (Achilles) as questionable.
- Packers promoted P Drew Kaser and RB Mike Weber to their active roster. (NFLTR)