- The Athletic’s Greg Auman predicts Buccaneers G Ali Marpet will be the team’s breakout player in 2020 and make the Pro Bowl.
- ESPN’s Jenna Laine expects Buccaneers RB Ronald Jones to start the season as the No. 1 back on first and second down, with third-round RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn potentially factoring in if he is adept in pass protection.
- Laine notes Buccaneers RBs Dare Ogunbowale and T.J. Logan will compete for the third-down back role.
- Laine compared Buccaneers fifth-round WR Tyler Johnson to his teammate, Chris Godwin.
- Laine expects Buccaneers first-round OT Tristan Wirfs to step in immediately at right tackle and adds he could eventually be groomed to take over at left tackle.
- As for new OL Joe Haeg, Laine points out he can play every position on the offensive line.
- The Athletic’s Joe Person predicts Panthers TE Ian Thomas will be the team’s breakout player in 2020 and establish himself as an impact starter.
Saints’ veteran CB Janoris Jenkins said he’s “felt at home” with New Orleans based on how they treat their players after signing with the organization last year.
“I felt at home. I love everything about the organization,” Jenkins said, via Steve Geller of WWL Radio. “How they carry themselves. How they treats their players. It’s just a winning atmosphere. Around there, everyone seems to be on the same page at all times and I just love it.”
When asked about the Buccaneers being the most popular subject of the NFC South, Jenkins said they “understand” the hype around Tampa Bay but are focused on producing “on the field.”
“We only worry about the New Orleans Saints,” Jenkins said. “We’re not worried about nobody right now. We gonna take it one game at a time, one play at a time and just get better and compete every week. We understand, that Tampa Bay got some new weapons, new quarterback. Its paper, you gotta produce on the field. We just worry about the New Orleans Saints at the moment.”