Buccaneers QB Tom Brady said he isn’t too concerned about his thumb injury.
“Obviously, a little bit sore after,” Brady said on his Let’s Go podcast, via Pro Football Talk. “Anytime you hit it on someone or a helmet or whatever, your hand can become pretty vulnerable. I broke my ring finger on my right hand, I tore ligaments in my middle finger, tore ligaments in my pointer finger, ripped my thumb almost apart one time so this is just, you know, hopefully something I can work through pretty quickly. It’s a little bit sore but nothing I’m not used to. I’ve certainly had worse.”
- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said TE Rob Gronkowski will be “very, very close” to playing Thursday night vs. Philadelphia. (Carmen Vitali)
- He added CB Carlton Davis will not need surgery on his injured quad, though the team has “no clue” on when he’ll be able to return. CB Sean Murphy-Bunting is also a few weeks off from returning as well. (Greg Auman)
- Arians believes Brady “should be fine Thursday” with his injured throwing thumb, but admitted that Brady might have been limited in his throws if the team practiced today. (Jenna Laine)
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler notes the Panthers are still trawling for offensive line help on the trade market, but are coming up empty so far. He does think a potential match could be had with the Chiefs, who have some depth they might be willing to give up for pass rush help.
- Panthers signed OT Austen Pleasants to their practice squad.
- Nick Underhill reports the Saints had interest in Ravens K Jake Verity but ultimately elected to sign Bears practice squad K Brian Johnson because Verity is dealing with an injury.
- Saints placed K Cody Parkey on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Saints signed DT Christian Ringo.
- Saints signed K Brian Johnson off of the Bears’ practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Saints released OT Derrick Kelly and LB Wynton McManis from their practice squad.
- Saints released CB Desmond Trufant and DB Brian Poole. (NFLTR)