- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said QB Jameis Winston has a small fracture in his thumb and they aren’t sure how it will affect his practice availability this week. According to Arians, Winston’s injury wasn’t impacting his throws Sunday. (Jenna Laine)
- Regarding WR Mike Evans‘ hamstring injury, Arians said it’s “not good” and he’ll undergo tests in the coming days: “I’ll be shocked if he makes it back before next week.” (Laine)
- Ian Rapoport reports that it appears to be a long-shot Evans plays next week with a source describing the injury as “just not good.”
- Arians added on Monday: “We’re gonna let it bleed out. He was a quick healer when he had it in the spring. He’ll be very doubtful for this week.” (Laine)
- Arians is optimistic Buccaneers OT Donovan Smith will be able to play next week even though he’s not projected to practice much this week. (Greg Auman)
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport lists Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and ST coach Joe Judge, former Packers HC Mike McCarthy, Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski, 49ers DC Robert Saleh, Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy, Ravens OC Greg Roman, Colts OC Nick Sirianni and DC Matt Eberflus, Saints DC Dennis Allen, and Bills OC Brian Daboll as options who will be considered for the Panthers’ head coaching vacancy.
- Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio writes the Panthers’ stance of not ruling out keeping QB Cam Newton is in part to maintain leverage for any potential trade.
- He adds it’s also worth considering what Newton wants and if he would prefer a fresh start somewhere outside of Carolina with more long-term security.
- Panthers interim HC Perry Fewell said he believes QB Kyle Allen is still the best option going forward. (Joseph Person)
- Fewell did say the team would take it as a “day to day, week to week situation” as far as getting third-round rookie QB Will Grier some experience down the stretch. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Fewell mentioned the team was disappointed with how Panthers CB Donte Jackson threw the defensive play-calling under the bus after the game and would handle it internally. (Rodrigue)
- Per Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said LB K.J. Wright dislocated his finger Sunday night: “But he should be fine.”
- Carroll confirmed Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny would miss the rest of the season with his ACL injury, though he didn’t have any other updates. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll added Seahawks DE Jadeveon Clowney is still dealing with his core injury: “He’s hurting. He’s going to have to work his way through the week to make it to gameday. He’s playing really tough under the circumstances.” (Condotta)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!